🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » LAST NAME ISSUE
Page options
6ed103f2
Community Member

LAST NAME ISSUE

Hi, my profile name is VIVEK B , but during adding payment method it doesn't allow me to add B in last name its asking for 2 characters what should i do ? Please help

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Vivek B wrote:

Hi, my profile name is VIVEK B , but during adding payment method it doesn't allow me to add B in last name its asking for 2 characters what should i do ? 

Your profile name must be your real, full, legal name as it appears on your ID Documents.

The name for your payment method must be the name that matches that payment method exactly, or withdrawals or payments will fail. Your profile name and the name in your withdrawal method have to match.

6ed103f2
Community Member

Hi I understand that , but my profile name is (FIRST-NAME) VIVEK (LASTNAME) B . But in payment method it doesn't allow me to submit B in last name it's asking for atleast 2 characters. What should I do in this case. 

petra_r
Community Member

Vivek B wrote:

Hi I understand that

I don't think you do.

What is your complete legal name? That must be the name of your account and your withdrawal method.

The fact that all profiles only show the first name and the initial of the surname has nothing to do with that.

For example, if a freelancer is called John Smith, their Upwork account must be in the name of John Smith (but on his profile it will show John S, because every (!) freelancer's surname is hidden on the profile) and his withdrawal method must be in the name of John Smith (NOT John S)

Vivek B wrote:

but my profile name is (FIRST-NAME) VIVEK (LASTNAME) B . 

I doubt your real legal surname is "B."

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vivek, 

I can see that you added three bank accounts to your account. Two of them are already active, while one is still undergoing the security period of three days. If there are no issues with the account, it will be active on 4-December. 

If you are referring to something else, please let us know and our team will be happy to help!

~ Avery
Upwork
6ed103f2
Community Member

My legal name VIVEK B ,  i have attached screenshot please check them if the marked place is not same means it will be an issue right ?2dd.jpg

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vivek,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your payment method. You can access your tickets on this link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members