🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Long term client score
Page options
stanica-vuleta
Community Member

Long term client score

I'd like to know more about long term client score. I know what long term client is but not sure about a few points. For example, if I have been working with one client for more than 3 months but sometimes, there is any payments, in this case, can I still get the long term client score?

Please let me know. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "can I still get the long term client score?"

Yes.

You do not need to work for a client every week in order for the client to be counted as a long-term client.

To the best of my knowledge, if you have earned ANY money during the past month from that client (and you have been working for the client for more than 3 months), then the client will counted as a "long-term client" in the calculation of JSS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "can I still get the long term client score?"

Yes.

You do not need to work for a client every week in order for the client to be counted as a long-term client.

To the best of my knowledge, if you have earned ANY money during the past month from that client (and you have been working for the client for more than 3 months), then the client will counted as a "long-term client" in the calculation of JSS.

Hi Preston,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have one more question. If I got the long term client, how many percentage would be increased?

The impact of any single factor on your JSS will depend on how many, and of what value all the other factors are. In my experience, having long-term clients can help prevent your JSS from dropping as much as it might otherwise when you have a bad outcome. But it is not a magic bullet. 

re: "If I got the long term client, how many percentage would be increased?"

How many points would your JSS go up?
I don't know. Long-term clients are only one element used in calculating your JSS.

Upwork does not post the exact formula.

Upwork Customer Support personnel and Upwork Forum moderators likewise can not answer that question. They don't know either.

Got it. Have you had a chance check my Upwork profile? I've got only 5 star and good reviews but my JSS is only 76%. I know what some clients gave me bad feedback but I don't know who they are. Anyway, I think the best way for going up my JSS is to get the long term client.

I want to know more about 3 months 
Is that means Oct, Nov, and December
Or
90 days???

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members