🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Looking for some advice
Page options
pankajnegi80
Community Member

Looking for some advice

Hi, I could really use the guidance for an issue. I came into a contract with the client, as per the contract I was supposed to make delivery by the 24th. As per my timezone, I was late by 3.30 hrs, However, as per the client's time zone, I did make delivery on the last hrs of the day. The client had ended the contract without any discussion on asking, she said the deliverable had few gaps, and also she had missed out on submitting the proposal due to a delay in delivery. If she would have cleared up the timeline I would have made it on time. Would it be a good idea to raise a dispute for this matter or should I refund as I feel bad that she missed out on submitting the proposal, at the same time I have given many hrs to complete this project, and with prior communication by the client would have saved the trouble for both of us.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Pankaj N wrote:

Would it be a good idea to raise a dispute

You submitted incomplete deliverables past the deadline. No, under those circumstances I would not dispute.

It's your job to clarify the deadline, and I usually assume it to mean by (i.e. well before) the end of the business day (5pm) at the client's location and communicate that, clearly, and in advance. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members