🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low rate of responsiveness from potential cli...
Page options
sophiecoops
Community Member

Low rate of responsiveness from potential clients

Getting really poor rate of responses on proposals submitted and now my account has been made invisible due to lack of earnings.

I've put in hours to get my profile detailed enough to be listed and then found suitable pieces of work to apply to. I put in 4 proposals with relevant information, pricing and personalised answers. 

I had no response from any of the clients advertising work. 

I'm starting to feel like this site is not an effective use of my time, despite initially being keen to work with it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
luce-neidert
Community Member

Sophie, getting started on Upwork is difficult, and I'm afraid it's even extremelly difficult in the present global situation. Don't expect too much from Upwork until things get less weird, and unless you are a millionaire, don't spend money on connects!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
luce-neidert
Community Member

Sophie, getting started on Upwork is difficult, and I'm afraid it's even extremelly difficult in the present global situation. Don't expect too much from Upwork until things get less weird, and unless you are a millionaire, don't spend money on connects!

Dear Luce, 

Thank you for your reply. Really helpful to realise this isn't an easy market to suddenly achieve gold in!

I'm looking at a range of ways to find work as a one year in IT and digital technician. 

We can all help each other along the way. I probably need to keep riding my bike and answering those calls. I saw an UpWork rival on Indeed call Mila dot com. It didn't seem to have the creditials or trust of UpWork. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sophie,

I checked and it seems that your profile visibility is already set to public. You can check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

Additionally, you may check these great articles in our Hiring Headquarters to help you Enhance your Profile: 

Also, I would recommend that you check out these articles to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members