🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Manual Time added but doesn't reflect the tot...
Page options
ezzatmostafa
Community Member

Manual Time added but doesn't reflect the total price

Hi, I have added a manual time of 3:10 hour for sure with client approval but it doesn't reflecton the total eraning of the week. 

ezzatmostafa_0-1653857748779.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mostafa, 

Only the hours in the Weekly Limit will automatically be invoiced to your client, regardless of whether it is tracked time or manually added time. Anything over the Weekly Limit will need to be paid as a bonus. Alternatively, as Andrea has shared, the client can increase the Weekly Limit before the work-week ends on Sunday midnight UTC. 

How you wish to move forward will be up to you and your client. I suggest you reach out to him immediately to get this sorted out. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AndreaG

Hi Mostafa,

It looks like the time you're referring to is over your Weekly Limit for this contract. You'll need to discuss this with your client so they can increase your limit or pay the difference via a bonus

~Andrea
Upwork

Yes the agreement keeping th tracker tracking and add the the over time limit as a manual. Due to finish the tasks. 
and I text him after I added the manual time and said ok but it didn't reflect. 

It's great that you got approval from your client, Mostafa! That said, please keep in mind that their verbal approval does not mean that all of the hours you have logged will be invoiced automatically as usual. They need to take action and either increase your limit before the work-week ends today or send you a bonus for the hours that are not automatically invoiced. You can find the help articles that give instructions on how to do both in my previous post.

~Andrea
Upwork

I thought manual time I'll get it paid without any problem! So what should I do now? will get paid for the manual time that I added or should tell the client to increase the week limit which is will be finished today! 

for demo, I added 3:10 hour manually which is the over time that overcome the week limit. So will I get paid for these 3:10 hour? Should I text the client now to increase the limit to 33 hour? 

ezzatmostafa_0-1653866595997.png

Hi Mostafa, 

Only the hours in the Weekly Limit will automatically be invoiced to your client, regardless of whether it is tracked time or manually added time. Anything over the Weekly Limit will need to be paid as a bonus. Alternatively, as Andrea has shared, the client can increase the Weekly Limit before the work-week ends on Sunday midnight UTC. 

How you wish to move forward will be up to you and your client. I suggest you reach out to him immediately to get this sorted out. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I understand, Actually the contract is still on and I can enter the manual time this week which relating to the previous week over limit hours. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members