🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone After Approved by client
Page options
78302b27
Community Member

Milestone After Approved by client

I am dealing with a client at a fixed price with milestones.
I want to know After Approval of milestone by the client. is there any way to take the payment from freelancer's Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

Somehow client managed to have a payment verified status but Upwork can't charge their card when needed.

Yes it's a common scam and a current problem that hasn't been solved.

People lost over $1000 the highest one (that I read) being around $3000.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044/highlight/true...

And no you can't get compensated from Upwork because they only compensate (pay you with their money) if client's card can't be charged on hourly contract (with all the terms applied).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Only if the client didn't pay upwork. 

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad H wrote:

I am dealing with a client at a fixed price with milestones.
I want to know After Approval of milestone by the client. is there any way to take the payment from freelancer's Account

That depends, in cases of fraud or illegal transactions or a chargeback the funds can be reversed by Upwork.

Also, the client can dispute up to 30 days after the milestone has been approved.

sofia2008
Community Member

If this is for the Pubg Mobile UC job, the funds will most likely be taken from you.

Making payment outside of Upwork is a violation of the Terms of Services.

Hi Sophie

Can you please help me to change my profile status? I am trying to change the status as public but it is showing as private. 

Thank You

Hi Fawad, I wish I could, but I am a freelancer here like you. I have a Guru label just because I am very active on the Community forum. People with a green logo besides their names are working for Upwork.

I can however provide you this link. Hope this helps.

Profile Changed to "Private" – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Yes ,but client is making payment through Upwork

yofazza
Community Member

Somehow client managed to have a payment verified status but Upwork can't charge their card when needed.

Yes it's a common scam and a current problem that hasn't been solved.

People lost over $1000 the highest one (that I read) being around $3000.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044/highlight/true...

And no you can't get compensated from Upwork because they only compensate (pay you with their money) if client's card can't be charged on hourly contract (with all the terms applied).

data_divas
Community Member

Everything is fishy here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members