🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Milestone proposal on Upwork
Page options
9d68b51c
Community Member

Milestone proposal on Upwork

I recently found a job on Upwork where you get paid $10 for review of each book. They have over 100 books & I'm thinking of setting a milestone of $10 dollar for each book. But since there are so many books how am I supposed to send the proposal with so many milestones? Should I mention only one milestone and explain it in the description box so that I don't have to add 100 milestones separately while sending the proposal?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

First, I'd suggest breaking this into larger milestones by batching them. 100 milestones means 100 times you and the client have to go back and forth to get the milestone approved and the next one activated and funded. When you do batch them up, be very clear in the milestone description how many reviews each milestone covers so there's no misunderstanding.

Second, are these book reviews on Amazon (or a similar store)? If so, be careful: paid reviews aren't allowed there or through Upwork. They've led to Amazon accounts being banned.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
wescowley
Community Member

First, I'd suggest breaking this into larger milestones by batching them. 100 milestones means 100 times you and the client have to go back and forth to get the milestone approved and the next one activated and funded. When you do batch them up, be very clear in the milestone description how many reviews each milestone covers so there's no misunderstanding.

Second, are these book reviews on Amazon (or a similar store)? If so, be careful: paid reviews aren't allowed there or through Upwork. They've led to Amazon accounts being banned.

petra_r
Community Member

What kind of "review"?

If it is a review on any platform such as Amazon (and all the others like it) this is strictly forbidden.

Amazon has already sued over 1000 freelancers for this. You'd be violating Upwork's terms of service and putting your account at risk.

colettelewis
Community Member

If this is a genuine job post, and nothing to do with Amazon, how is the client going to provide you with the books to read for you to review? 

Thank you everyone. I'm new to the platform so I didn't know. Nothing regarding Amazon is mentioned. It is mentioned that they need the reviewers for revision purposes. The description says they are looking for reviewers who would give their insights on the book that would be helpful in the revision process. There are no specific details on how the books are going to be provided though. 

petra_r
Community Member

Just be very careful. The people who order reviews generally disguise the fact in their job posts and only disclose it when they talk to you.

Under no circumstances must you do any reviews that could give anyone reading the review the idea that you are a normal customer who bought a book and is now giving an honest review from the point of view of a genuine reader.

And that doesn't mean only on Amazon.

9d68b51c
Community Member

Thank you for the warning. I will definitely keep that in mind. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members