🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Moving Client Outside of Upwork After 2 years
Page options
saimulft
Community Member

Moving Client Outside of Upwork After 2 years

Hello. I have a client on upwork with over 2 years of work. Currently we are in a hourly contract. Now I want to close this contract and move the client outside and charge them with my stripe. I want to know if the 2 year law is still valid or not? and Also is it allowed specifically to close the current contract and move the client outside?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Saimul,

Thank you for your question. Yes, you have the option to work with the client directly only after completing two years of relationship on Upwork. Your client will need to initiate the process from their account. Check out this help page for more information.

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Saimul,

Thank you for your question. Yes, you have the option to work with the client directly only after completing two years of relationship on Upwork. Your client will need to initiate the process from their account. Check out this help page for more information.

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

ok

grigolp
Community Member

Hi Pradeep H 

Can you share a page where I can see more precise information about 2 years? I have a client and 2 years will bee over soon. I am interested in what steps should I take to take client outside Upwork.

Hi Grigol,

Thank you for your message. You can refer to this help page to learn about the Conversion fee. You can refer to our TOS to check the conversion fee after completing 2 years with the client on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

So, according to the User agreement, section 7.3 "OPTING OUT",  "If Client and Freelancer have had an Upwork Relationship for at least two (2) years, the Conversion Fee is a nominal $1 USD for administrative purposes." 

This is still valid, right? I am confused because a member of support told me that would be a "discount", which apparently it's not the case - it would be just 1 USD. 

Can you confirm?

Thanks!

Hi Davide,

Yes, I can confirm that the Terms of Service Pradeep shared above are still active and applied to users who wish to move their business out of the platform. However, since you're already coordinating with the team about your concern via a support ticket, they'll surely review your and your client's accounts and assist accordingly. 

Please continue communicating with the team through this page or email for further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members