🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My HARD-EARNED MONEY DISAPPEARED today!
Page options
atler
Community Member

My HARD-EARNED MONEY DISAPPEARED today!

My pending HARD-EARNED MONEY DISAPPEARED today! It became $0, while it was $32 yesterday. But they are in the transaction history. Why is it like that? Could someone help me, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Hermilita,

I checked and it looks like you do have some pending funds on your account. Could you please confirm which contract the funds you're referring to are from so I can check and assist you further?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
lysis10
Community Member

Every Tuesday, there is a wasteland of manual timers.

atler
Community Member

Thanks for that. But still, I cannot understand why is that? Wasteland, does that mean they are hidden fees that freelancers need to pay? 

lysis10
Community Member

Hermilita L wrote:

Thanks for that. But still, I cannot understand why is that? Wasteland, does that mean they are hidden fees that freelancers need to pay? 

If you used manual time and the CC charge did not go through or the client disputes, then everything is reversed so no fees on your side.

AndreaG

Hi Hermilita,

I checked and it looks like you do have some pending funds on your account. Could you please confirm which contract the funds you're referring to are from so I can check and assist you further?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
atler
Community Member

Last Monday, a $32 earning was there in the Pending section. And $153 was in Review. Then Yesterday, that $32 has disappeared and the $154 is now in Pending (Please see attached screenshot, highlighted with Yellow rectangle). When I checked the Transaction history, the $32 is there, saying under review (Pls refer to the attached picture, highlighted in RED oblong shape). I was waiting for that to be withdrawn this Wednesday to buy rice, but it suddenly disappeared so I'm a bit disheartened. I am wondering if can I still have that back. Thank you so much for trying to help me and for your time.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

atler
Community Member

Thanks Ms. Andrea. But this is the situation. Last Monday, a $32 earning was there in the Pending section. And $153 was in Review. Then Yesterday, that $32 has disappeared and the $154 is now in Pending (Please see attached screenshot, highlighted with Yellow rectangle). When I checked the Transaction history, the $32 is there, saying under review (Pls refer to the attached picture, highlighted in RED oblong shape). I was waiting for that to be withdrawn this Wednesday to buy rice, but it suddenly disappeared so I'm a bit disheartened. I am wondering if can I still have that back. Thank you so much for trying to help me and for your time.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hermilita,

I understand how this may be confusing as the numbers are so similar. Please keep in mind, when your funds move to the Pending tab, the service fee is deducted from the new amount. So when the 153 you're referring to, went from In Review to Pending, the fee was deducted. Since this amount was added to the funds already in Pending the new amount is 154. You can read more about the Freelancer Service Fee here and about the process of Getting Paid for Fixed-Price Contracts here

Hope this is helpful,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
atler
Community Member

Thanks, Ms. Andrea. That's the more logical reasoning behind it and I now understand that. Thank you again.

Hello! My client is unresponsive and it's already 14 days and the money is still in review. Also, today I had a new contract with a new client and he has already paid the amount in escrow but the amount isn't showing in my overview. The money isn't showing in my work progress although it shows in the contract? Please help me. 

Prasun G wrote:

Hello! My client is unresponsive and it's already 14 days and the money is still in review. 

Did you submit the work using the "Submit for payment" function, only once? In that case, the funds will be released in the next 24 hours unless the client requests chances. If you "resubmitted" - the 14 days start from 0.

Prasun G wrote:

Also, today I had a new contract with a new client and he has already paid the amount in escrow but the amount isn't showing in my overview. The money isn't showing in my work progress although it shows in the contract?

Simply wait. The reports don't update in real time. There is no issue.

Hi Prasun,

I'd like to confirm that Petra is right. The payment with be released automatically within 24 hours as long as the client doesn't ask for any changes. Once it is released, it will show under your pending tab. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am new here I just completed my first assignment and got paid by client.

However my money got disappeared and balance is 0.

I have also checked the status for my money its pending, I dont understand what is the process.

Hi Aman,

Please note that payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. The funds should become available for you on the 16th of May, in two days. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
493e02bb
Community Member

Hi, I was contacted for my first job a few days ago. We had a contract, I submitted the job and the money appeared to be available in my account. It was a fixed price for a 5 video transcriptions which I did. It's all here in UpWork I did not use any outside communication channel. Now the fund are not available but they appear in my earnings history. The contract is already finished.

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your funds are currently under the Pending tab on your Overview page. This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn.
Payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability.

You may want to check this help article to find more information about getting paid for Fixed price contract. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
493e02bb
Community Member

It happened the same to me. I tried to reach for help int he UpWork "help" sections but it was impossible to have an answer or help. Can you tell me how did you proceed? thank you!!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members