🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My connects are not decreasing
Page options
omarsayedmansour
Community Member

My connects are not decreasing

My profie has finally been accepted at UpWork. So I took a friend's advice, bought some connects, and started bulk applying to gigs because I know my hiring rate would be low due to lack of reviews and job completion. However, the last 3 jobs I applied to show that the proposal was submitted, it appears on my proposals page, but my connects don't decrease accordingly. I wonder if this is a glitch in UpWork of if there's something wrong. I don't want to be banned or penalized for this. I also don't know what the status of my proposals is atm.

1 REPLY 1
colettelewis
Community Member

@omarsayedmansour wrote:

My profie has finally been accepted at UpWork. So I took a friend's advice, bought some connects, and started bulk applying to gigs because I know my hiring rate would be low due to lack of reviews and job completion. However, the last 3 jobs I applied to show that the proposal was submitted, it appears on my proposals page, but my connects don't decrease accordingly. I wonder if this is a glitch in UpWork of if there's something wrong. I don't want to be banned or penalized for this. I also don't know what the status of my proposals is atm.

On your home page, go to reports in the dropdown menu, and click on "connects history". 

If your connects are not being reduced, it could mean that the jobs you applied  for have been delisted by Upwork for violating the Terms of Service. Bulk applying is not the way to find jobs on Upwork.  You should read all the help pages about using this site, and indeed, about freelancing. This is not a financial silver bullet. 

ETA: I've just realized that you may have meant buying connects in bulk, which is a good idea, but use them wisely. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members