🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My proposals are not getting any response
Page options
momentumcore
Community Member

My proposals are not getting any response

Hello,

I am a WordPress developer and a web designer. I submit only custom proposals to the jobs. In each proposal I make sure to define the customer problem and then suggest my solution. But I am not getting any responses. I know there must be something wrong either with my profile or my proposals. How do I know where is the gap? How do I solve this issue?

Please help.

Thanks,

Khush

9 REPLIES 9
roberty1y
Community Member

Just keep sending out proposals. You need to accept the fact that only around one in 20 - at the very most - will result in a job, at least to begin with. As you build up a job history, it becomes easier to get hired.

One reason it's so hard is that the majority of job postings (at least the ones I've applied to) result in nobody being hired. 

Thank you Robert. Not getting hired is another thing. I am not getting any responses to my proposals. That makes me think that nobody is even reading my proposals.

Khushwinder B wrote:

Thank you Robert. Not getting hired is another thing. I am not getting any responses to my proposals. That makes me think that nobody is even reading my proposals.

If you're well qualified for the job, and you write a customised cover letter showing that you read the ad, you have a good chance of your proposal being read. A lot of the replies to ads are from people who aren't qualified and write boilerplate proposals.

e825750a
Community Member

Hello,

people who post jobs have freelancer in mind when posting jobs.

Thanks,

dynastydyer
Community Member

There are a few things in your profile I'd consider:

• The "I may be new to upwork" bit can be removed. Start with "I have a proven record..."
  • The first paragraph minus the first line can get nixed. It's also New Jersey-based.
  • Your portfolio is kind of sparse. I'd add a few more things in there.
  • Your employment history doesn't seem related to your Upwork job duties. Do you not have anything you can add there that's more relevant?

Dynast D,

Thank you for the insights. All of your suggestions are thoughtful. I will do all the changes as suggested. Thank you for taking time to review my profile.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I am a WordPress developer and a web designer."

Yes, well... so are a million other people.

You need to change to something else or specialize further within that.

habibur899
Community Member

I am also a WordPress developer. but it's too much hard to hire. I send the proposal but its decline by the client. I face this same problem.

navidzafar
Community Member

Hi Khushwinder,

1- Try to apply for a Job at your earliest
2- Only apply for relevant Jobs
3- Read Job description carefully
4- Each proposal should be customized

All the best.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members