🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name Mismatch Persists
Page options
awshanor
Community Member

Name Mismatch Persists

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do at this point. I changed my name (per a divorce decree) and provided all of the documents required to facilitate the change back in 2018. I've gone through the ID verification process with proper documentation and a video call. Yet, I am still having problems with a name mismatch on Upwork. I've had to address this problem at least three times and it still isn't fixed. As recently as this month, my banking info was kicked out due to a mismatch and when I contacted support, they said it was corrected. My bank info was unflagged, so I assumed they did, but I've just noticed that when I look at my customer contracts, my verified name still shows up as my old name. Likewise with earnings reports and tax info.

I have done everything required to properly change my name and address this problem with Upwork each time it's been flagged. I'm beyond frustrated with the situation.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amy,

I'm sorry for the incovience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
awshanor
Community Member

Thank you. Hopefully, it will be resolved once and for all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members