🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name change
Page options
mrjvitor
Community Member

Name change

Hello,

I was a freelancer since upwork was known as oDesk, and back then I used an alias to work. Months ago I asked for a name change to match my legal name and verify my account. It was approved, I got my profile verified, but my name was never really changed. Now I need to link my Paypal account and can't seem to do it because of this name issue. Does anyone know how to proceed? I'm afraid I might lose my clients and current balance because of this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vitor,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vitor,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1f1aaf4f
Community Member

I still need help. I am unable to change my profile name to my legal name. 

Hi there,

I see that you have yet to submit your profile. Once your profile has been submitted, you will have an option in your account settings to update your name.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
c95563a5
Community Member

in my case it was working and i have been paid before but on my last contract my verified name is different from my account name my verified name is “Yetesfa Meshesha ” my account name is “yetesfa alemayehu”

any help pleas.

everything was working well but i have collected more than 10 weeks but now it is saying 

Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi Yetesfa,

I've shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Can you please help ! I am also having this issue I have not changed my name or my bank account:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi Sylvia,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths