🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » [Need help] Can not login my Mac app Big Sur ...
Page options
seeit
Community Member

[Need help] Can not login my Mac app Big Sur ?

Hello everyone,

I updated my Mac to Big Sur and can not login the Upwork app anymore ? Any one here can help. The 'Get Help' button on my page didn't work either.

Thank you very much.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem is solved after using this command

mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
JoanneP

Hi Thang,

Could you please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
seeit
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I did try, but didn't work out.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Thang,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The problem is solved after using this command

mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

Thank you. 

How to fix it? Where should I paste this, mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}?

just type it into your terminal and reinstall :)!

janu314
Community Member

Worked like a charm!   

acosta-karen
Community Member

I have the same problem

acosta-karen
Community Member

Same problem here! I think in my case is a Big Sur problem.

acosta-karen
Community Member

What does this comand does ? or intends to do ?

Hi Karen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Please rach out to me, i am struggling with the same problem and i cannot figure it out with the mentioned article help, not with the mentioned command. 

Thanks,

Tomasz!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tomasz.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi all,

Is this problem of Desktop app with Big-sur Mac os resolved now ? I am on Catalina and want to update it to Big-Sur. But before that I want to make sure that it doesn't hamper my work with Upwork desktop app.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? Thank you in Advance.

Shah

Hi Shah,

The update to Big Sur can affect the Upwork app in no longer having access to some of its files. If you are experiencing this issue, please reset your cache by:
  • Settings > Advanced (accessible via menu bar icon, generally top right of the user's screen)
OR
  • Move the Upwork cache to a backup folder to reset the app. This can be done by running this command in the Terminal app: mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}
~ Valeria
Upwork

Same problem, does not work!

Hi! Need help as well. Upwork doesnt pop up when I open it, I just updated my MacBook air to Big Sur

Hi Maryanne,

Just to confirm, did you followed the steps Valeria shared in her post? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members