🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Getting Proposal Views
Page options
aaqib-adil
Community Member

Not Getting Proposal Views

Hi, 

I recently completed three projects with 5-star reviews in within a month, but then I ran into a problem.

Even though I'm applying for the most relevant jobs and tailoring my cover letters to perfection, I haven't received a single proposal view in the last three weeks, which is a major issue for me. I even tried using a custom cover letter and changing it to fit the job requirements in order to submit the cover letter as soon as possible, but there was still no response.

Obviously, being interviewed or employed is a different matter, but it's infuriating not to even have my proposal read.

Any suggestion/tip in this regard will be highly appreciated. 

Best Regards, 

Aaqib Adil

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Aaqib,

I  understand how you feel. It may be discouraging when you're getting fewer responses to your proposals now. A lot of factors come into play such as the demand for the field you're in. With more and more freelancers signing up, the competition gets tougher. Please also know that we are not privy to why clients do not view some proposals.

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. The specialized profile will help increase your profile views and get more jobs because when clients filter their search results by specific skills, only freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear.

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

this may well be, do not give up trying

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

I have the same problem, and yes it has been exactly three weeks since I'm not getting any replies at all. I went from getting one or two replies per day to zero per week...  did something change in the search algorithm? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members