🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting job from last 35 days :(
Page options
76adf2ba
Community Member

Not getting job from last 35 days :(

Hello Upwork Community, I am here to get help from experts as I am not getting any response from clients for the last 35 days. I have an 89% job success score with 9 jobs completed and earned $100. 

I have changed my proposal many times, changes the rate per hour but nothing seems to work. I am bidding on the latest jobs which have proposals less than 5 or 10. I suggest the solution to the problem in the proposal also. 

Can you all please help me out or if you have gone through this situation then please share your experience. 

Thanks,

Vaibhav Singh

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Vaibhav S wrote:

Hello Upwork Community, I am here to get help from experts as I am not getting any response from clients for the last 35 days.

I can tell you why I, as a client, would not hire you: Because of the response you wrote to a client's feedback. It's inappropriate and unprofessional and tells a client that you are difficult to work with, don't accept constructive criticism and are demanding.

Your response is far more harmful than the feedback or even your low JSS.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
e825750a
Community Member

Hello , nice to meet you.
I have the same issue, this may probably be one of upwork's algorithm. This situation happen to me many a time. I have seen many person talking about the same issue. You just wast connects without winning Job.

Yes, you are right Bruno. Sometimes it feels like we are just wasting the connects. But the very next job I see then it looks like this is made for me let's bid. 

We need to change the approach, let's see what the expert's say. 

petra_r
Community Member

Vaibhav S wrote:

Hello Upwork Community, I am here to get help from experts as I am not getting any response from clients for the last 35 days.

I can tell you why I, as a client, would not hire you: Because of the response you wrote to a client's feedback. It's inappropriate and unprofessional and tells a client that you are difficult to work with, don't accept constructive criticism and are demanding.

Your response is far more harmful than the feedback or even your low JSS.

76adf2ba
Community Member

I understand, but I completed the job within the time period but the client didn't give me 5 stars, I don't know why. So I thought I should add a response thinking that client may write a good feedback. 

petra_r
Community Member

Vaibhav S wrote:

So I thought I should add a response thinking that client may write a good feedback. 

Well, that didn't work out, did it? It really is the one factor on your profile that is a big turn-off. 

You don't demand 5 stars from clients and you don't demand the client write anything. To do so on your own profile means the client likely never even saw it and it probably causes other clients to not hire you because they wouldn't like to deal with a freelancer who behaves in such a way.

76adf2ba
Community Member

Got your point, so now what can I do? How can I remove that response from the profile? 

Please help me out.

petra_r
Community Member

You can ask Upwork to remove it.

In future, accept client feedback with manners and professionalism. Responding to feedback is a bad idea in 9 out of 10 cases.

76adf2ba
Community Member

Will keep it in mind from next time. Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Hi Vaibhav,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the feedback.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes, I am talking to them as well.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members