🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting responses to my proposal
Page options
ranjitpandey
Community Member

Not getting responses to my proposal

Can you someone help me understand this point.

I have a very Good profile with 99% success rate and completed 700 jobs on Upwork, But still not getting response from client when submitting proposal from last two weeks. what could be wrong with this? I am sending the best proposals.

Anyone help is much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
dr-ian-paul
Community Member

I touched base on that before.  This account is new to upwork.  But It's not my first time here from the freelance side and the employer side.  

It seems that most of the proposals that many people are doing are not being answered.  I was saying we should get refunded connects when nothing is answered.  The least a person can do is reject the offer.  It's a large waste of time when we are expecting a reply from a project we are looking forward to, but nothing is done and we have to even buy more connects to make more bids.  $13 for 15 job postings is kind of crazy when no one even rejects the offer and keeps you in limbo.

Dr Ian P wrote:

It seems that most of the proposals that many people are doing are not being answered. 

Correct. It takes a bit of getting used to.

Dr Ian P wrote:

I was saying we should get refunded connects when nothing is answered. 

That won't happen.

Dr Ian P wrote:

The least a person can do is reject the offer.  It's a large waste of time

How does that help you? How did you spend less time or connects on a proposal when you are told "No thanks?" Arguably it could be said you spend MORE time on it as you have to read the rejection.

Dr Ian P wrote:

when we are expecting a reply from a project we are looking forward to,

Don't expect a reply and certainly don't "look forward" to a project you've not been hired for.

The best way to deal with projects you have applied for is to forget them completely unless and until you are contacted by the client to discuss it further.

Most of the time you apply you won't hear back. You can check your archived proposals page to see the jobs that you did not win for sure, but again, if you get frustrated so easily, maybe it is best you really put all sent proposals out of your mind completely unless / until contacted.

pudingstudio
Community Member

Pratap P wrote:

Can you someone help me understand this point.

I have a very Good profile with 99% success rate and completed 700 jobs on Upwork, But still not getting response from client when submitting proposal from last two weeks. what could be wrong with this? I am sending the best proposals.

Anyone help is much appreciated. 

As you've stated - there is nothing wrong with your profile nor proposals.

Having a slow period is normal. Not much you can do about it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members