🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not receiving message notifications
Page options
johncole21
Community Member

Not receiving message notifications

Hey all,

I'm writing here because I was wondering if someone else is having the same problem as me. Apparently, and this has been happening for a couple of months now, I've stopped getting notifications about new messages from a specific client. It seems the problem persists only with one client.

I've written to the support team. They told me they solved the problem by changing the "Notification of unread message" preference to Immediate, instead of Daily. However, the problem persists, as the issue is not with me not receiveing email notifications, I'm not receiving any notifications, period. I'm not receiving notifcations on the desktop website, mobile app and the desktop messenger app.

You know the green little square with a number 1 next to the messages tab in the top of the page? That thing doesn't appear at all for this client. I have to enter the chatroom and actually check if the client sent something so I can see the message. It's as if all of the messages that I receieve are marked as read the instant I receive them.

This results in me actually seeing the new message after a day or even a couple of days as I don't receive any notifications about the new message. As I've said, I started checking Upwork messenger app at the end of each day so I make sure I don't miss any messages.

Is someone else experiencing the same issue? I'm feeling a little bit dissappointed because if the issue persists, I'll have to use some third party messenger/email app to communicate with my top client. I just think it's not okay that I'm responding to his messages with delay and I can't think of any more excuses as to why that's happening.

I appreciate any and all help, I'm trully desperate here.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nemanja,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members