🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not showing up in searches
Page options
t_locke
Community Member

Not showing up in searches

Hi, typing my name Tony Locke in the talent search doesn't bring up my profile. My profile is public, but I think it was removed from searches because I was inactive for a while. I've asked Upwork to make it so that I appear in seaches again, but to no avail. Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Tony.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

Full names are not written in the profiles but there are a few pages of results for Tony L, where the 'rank' is now rotated., and also not equally because of the profile boost thing. Badges, stars, earnings, etc., doesn't matter. Still considered probably, but very lightly.

This returned only a few results and currently put you on top: https://www.upwork.com/nx/search/talent/?q=pg8000

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yofazza
Community Member

Full names are not written in the profiles but there are a few pages of results for Tony L, where the 'rank' is now rotated., and also not equally because of the profile boost thing. Badges, stars, earnings, etc., doesn't matter. Still considered probably, but very lightly.

This returned only a few results and currently put you on top: https://www.upwork.com/nx/search/talent/?q=pg8000

rekasesh
Community Member

I should be thankful that I finally appeared on page 18 for my skill keyword. 

celgins
Community Member

Which skill keyword?

I just searched for you using Location: India; Skill Category: Health & Wellness, and you were on page 4. I also searched for you using Location: All; Keyword: Food Writer and you were on page 4. Then, I searched for you using Location: India; Skill Category: Food Photography and you were in position 1 on page 1.

Unfortunately, I don't think this means too much because the rankings we see in skill/keyword searches are not necessarily the same rankings clients see on their Invite Freelancers page.

rekasesh
Community Member

That's great Clark.

For the past three months I have been on page 16 to 20 for food writer and wellness.

In fact, when I did a search on my first name, I was on page 8 out of 150+ freelancers.

I used my client account to do the skill/keyword search. 

Something changed in the new year! 

t_locke
Community Member

Thanks Radia, that answers my question.

wilmacruz
Community Member

Hi Tony,

Find Work> Profile and click on your name. You'll see a window where you'll be able to change the setting:

Screenshot_4 (1).png

Now all freelancer profiles will only show first name and second initial publicly by default. It is not possible to show full name publicly anymore. The clients you're interviewing or working with will be able to see your full name.

Thanks for replying Wilma. I'm afraid that when I got to Find Work > Profile my name isn't clickable. Maybe that's part of the problem?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members