🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Notifications
Page options
joansands
Community Member

Notifications

Upwork has stopped notifying me when I get a message. Is this a bug? Is this going to get fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Joan S wrote:

Upwork has stopped notifying me when I get a message. Is this a bug? Is this going to get fixed?

If you're talking about e-mail notifications:

Saw this addressed some time ago. Same issue described.
Consensus was that you should never rely on those e-mail notifications (that was not said by official UpWork representative, but by users from their experience).

It's possible that some of your devices (PC/Mac, phone, tablet) 'saw' a message, which UpWork registered as 'no need to alert vie a-mail'.

Antun - Ever since I joined Upwork in late January, every time someone sent me a message I was notified on my iPhone and also on my Apple watch. Getting a notification on my Apple watch was awfully convenient. All of a sudden, for the last several days, I have not been getting those notifications. Nothing on the Apple watch. Instead, I have been getting a banner on my Upwork computer page telling me to turn on desktop notifications - and I do get a notification of a message on my laptop. However, I am not always on my laptop so I would prefer to get the messages again on the iPhone and the Apple watch. I just had a client complain that he never gets message notifications and he is very annoyed. Maybe I should stop turning on the desktop notifications.

Joan S wrote:

Antun - Ever since I joined Upwork in late January, every time someone sent me a message I was notified on my iPhone and also on my Apple watch. Getting a notification on my Apple watch was awfully convenient. All of a sudden, for the last several days, I have not been getting those notifications. Nothing on the Apple watch. Instead, I have been getting a banner on my Upwork computer page telling me to turn on desktop notifications - and I do get a notification of a message on my laptop. However, I am not always on my laptop so I would prefer to get the messages again on the iPhone and the Apple watch. I just had a client complain that he never gets message notifications and he is very annoyed. Maybe I should stop turning on the desktop notifications.

That sounds a bit different (than what I originally thought).
Sounds like a real bug.

I'm not familiar with Apple devices, but 'turn on desktop notifications' (Microsoft devices) is something I'm being annoyed by often.

Hope someone more helpful will respond to your issue as I, obviously, have no insights for you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members