🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Okay so now when you buy connects you pay for...
Page options
lama-pema
Community Member

Okay so now when you buy connects you pay for connects plus tax?? This is baddddd!!

Last year, Upwork increases connects required to send proposal from 4 or less to 8, 12 and 16 connects for small projects, fixed price and hourly projects respectively.. Okay that's fine! (Since Upwork posted that these change will help them facilitate better matches and attract more top tier clients to the platform)

but after spending all the free connects from upwork, you buy more hoping you'd get a gig but you don't because Clients with 100% hiring rate decide not to hire from Upwork and then several months later, the job posting is still there but Upwork don't cancel the posting or decide to return connects back from clients who don't intend to hire just post jobs and disappear.. THAT WAS ALSO FINE!!! 

But its been 2-3days when i run out of connects, i buy them and i see there's an additional tax you have to pay when buying the connects.. I am from India.. Idk if this is happening to you guys too? Also, Its been a month, I have been paying for my completed projects - Service fee, WHT fee and GST (Fee which is charged for goods and services in India).  I get half of the project price lol

1 REPLY 1
cabatana-john_re
Community Member

True. Its okay if theyre going to return your connects once the job is closed or hired someone but its not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members