🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Option to amend Proposal
Page options
ergjanjaha
Community Member

Option to amend Proposal

Greetings Freelancers,

I apologize beforehand if I am creating a topic that is already out there (have not found one)
Has it ever happened to you? Sending a proposal and realizing you missed something critical in the cover letter or any of the questions, and the only thing you can do is withdraw your proposal ? It would be amazing if you could go back, and add another message to make up for it ( if not modify th e existing one ). Everyone makes mistakes, and that would just be the best feature to have right now.

What do you all think ?

3 REPLIES 3
mdbutnayem
Community Member

It is not uncommon for people to make mistakes or forget to include important details in their Upwork proposals. However, unfortunately, Upwork does not currently have a feature that allows you to edit or add to your proposal once it has been submitted. The only option is to withdraw your proposal and submit a new one with the updated information.

However, there are some things you can do to avoid making mistakes in your proposals. Firstly, carefully read the job description and make sure you understand all the requirements before submitting your proposal. Secondly, take your time to craft a thoughtful and detailed cover letter, making sure to address all the client's requirements and show why you are the best fit for the job. Finally, proofread your proposal before submitting it to ensure there are no mistakes or missing information.

In summary, while it would be great to have a feature that allows you to edit or add to your proposals on Upwork, currently the only option is to withdraw and resubmit your proposal. However, taking your time and being thorough in crafting your proposal can help you avoid making mistakes in the first place.

I was going to withdraw my proposal, but it said that i cannot submit on the same job again, that is why. Or i might have misunderstood it.

While what you are saying is very correct, it is still quite a drag to do all of that when it comes to small tasks. 

Community Member

This isn't the first thread on that topic. The option to modify the cover letter and to add/remove attachments would be nice. Since Clients can change their job description (often quite substantially), early submittals run the risk of becoming irrelevant. And like you mentioned, one can forget a critical bit of information, forget an attachment, or an internet/browser/computer glitch could cause the proposal to be submitted before the user finished preparing it.

Presently, all that you can do is change your proposed rate.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members