🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Delay?
Page options
albutra_joeric
Community Member

Payment Delay?

No federal holiday or Upwork notice but haven't seen my earnings available for withdrawal 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that the bug originally reported on this thread has since been resolved and the earnings became available. 

Due to
another issue that has since been resolved some funds that were supposed to become available on Friday, January 6 became available prematurely. So if you made a withdrawal earlier in the week (January 2, 2023), you have already withdrawn your earnings despite a notification you may have received on the 6th. We encourage you to check your Transaction History report for more details.

The reason why it’s now showing $0.00 is that the premature availability of funds caused your account to have a negative balance and since the issue has been fixed and your funds are now released, the negative balance has been paid off by the amount you have received. Simply put, this means that the funds have been withdrawn earlier than expected causing it to show $0.00 now. If you have not withdrawn anything and you did not see any negative balance prior to the availability of your funds based on transaction history, please contact our support team on this page

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

331 REPLIES 331
dennisdawn85
Community Member

Same for me

acuares
Community Member

Same issue here.

mcruz
Community Member

Same here

Myra Cruz
roswel1718
Community Member

Same here

canlas_06
Community Member

same here

jbc0786
Community Member

me too 😞

thejmax
Community Member

same here

june50
Community Member

Same here. It should normally get available an hour ago. Any update?

regiemon
Community Member

Hello UPWORK

sheillabacani
Community Member

same with me

jpbl1976
Community Member

Same here. Very odd. I thought they'd gotten their ducks in a row since mid-November. I wonder what the delay is about. I can confirm that all my clients have paid me (I have access to my clients' Upwork pages since I pay people) so it can't be related to that. I hope it's not related to the Tax thing they wanted us to fill out; I filled that out the same day they sent the email about it. 

zamemperado0916
Community Member

Same here 

b_sholpan
Community Member

same in Kazakhstan 

deborah_lundin
Community Member

Same here. Usually available over an hour ago for me and still nothing

mohamedsalahfahm
Community Member

Same here.  Funds are still "In Review".

kodver
Community Member

Same

diannedc16
Community Member

Same here hopefully.. hopefully to get some updates about this and to resolve the issue today

lisar113
Community Member

My transactions are showing I won't be paid until the 11th. I hope this isn't correct. Surely they wouldn't move us back to getting paid on Tuesday/Wednesday without warning us, right?

Same here. It would be a big communications failure if they decided to do that. Previously, they'd been talking about making the funds available to everyone not just Top Rated by Friday. Now, they're making a stealth change without any communications. I'm hoping it's a system glitch. 

I have submitted a ticket about this issue a while ago and this is their reply thru email:

vkhati
Community Member

Same here. 

b80f51ec
Community Member

Same here, I thought it's just me since I recently got TopRated badge.

aisenyi
Community Member

Same here. I just wish they communicated when there's a problem or change like this. It's really frustrating to have no information. The same thing with the "Available Funds" glitch earlier this week

jvansteenwyk
Community Member

For what it's worth, my transactions page has always listed the expected payment release date as the normal Tuesday Night (East Coast U.S. time), not the early payment time for top-rated folks. 

Glitches happen occasionally. But I checked UpWork's Twitter and Facebook pages to see if they have an update. Nothing yet. 

regiemon
Community Member

1st pay day of the year, payment delay

hiram-kamau
Community Member

I'm experiencing a similar delay - the funds should have moved from "In Review" to "Available" hours ago.

546f7cbc
Community Member

same issue here

michaelkb1977
Community Member

Here as well. Was kind of depending on it working correctly lol

cartrellgeneral
Community Member

Where are the moderators? I tried chatting with support but it's closed. 

I was able to chat with their "autobot" support, but none of the options are even close to this issue. So I was asked if I wanted to talk to an agent, I clicked yes. Then it replied that the agents will be available tomorrow at 7am. whew. Then two options appeared, "Submit a ticket" and "I'll be back later". I opted for the former of course :D. After 20 minutes or so, I received an email saying:

Your request (#38465513) has been updated. You may reply directly to this email or by opening the link below:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/38465513

Aris R (Upwork Help)

Jan 6, 2023, 2:14 PM GMT+8

Hello Zaldy Sxxxxxxxx,

We have received reports about this issue and our technical team is currently investigating and is working diligently on fixing this. We apologize for the impact this is causing and we will be sending you a reply as soon as an update is received. I have set the status of your ticket to "on hold," but you do not need to provide additional information at this time.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Upwork Support

danielle0924
Community Member

Same here. I have tried reaching out to their customer support (chat) but no one is available, accordingly they will be back tomorrow.  It's odd as no announcement has been made on this.

deborah_lundin
Community Member

I just tried calling. It said the wait time was 3 minutes. After 20 minutes it came back and said no one was available and to leave a message. 

Well that's super aggravating 😕

I tried to contact the customer service on the web page, but no one responded. The page showed that 7am PST customer service will work.

pinkyren
Community Member

Me too, if fast payout is not available, I think it would be better to let us know, otherwise it would feel really bad.

mhilanie_amposta
Community Member

Same here..is it possible that it relates to the glitch happen early this week where in some funds becomes available then subsequently reversed by Upwork however, some freelancers already withdrawn the funds?

I didn't know about that - but it could be. Maybe they reset the global payment settings and forgot to turn on the exemption for Top Rated freelancers. 

01a71bc0
Community Member

same issue here

regiemon
Community Member

Does Upwork not have any words to say about this problem?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members