🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Method
Page options
sylvachoucair
Community Member

Payment Method

Hi ! 
I'm currently based in Lebanon, whom is going through a crisis specially in the banking sector. Long story short, my goverment stole the money we had in our accounts, and our local currency has devaluated greately. 
Paypal and payoneer are restricted in lebanon as well. 

I am stuck on how to get paid from upwork as i am having ongoing contracts and jobs. 

I would be very greateful for any help or recommendation ! 

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sylva,

Upwork offers a number of choices for withdrawing your funds. I suggest that you check out this help article to learn more about each one. To see payment methods available for your country, you can go to add a new method on the Settings > Get Paid page. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hadikallas
Community Member

Hello Sylva,

Hope you're doing well.

I live in Lebanon too and I have the same issue. Sadly, the "help article" does not help in our case, because we are cut out of the outside world. 😞

As I read a lot of articles that are trying to help lebanese freelancers, you can use wire transfer after creating a fresh USD accunt (if you trust any bank), but this is risky because as you know, robbery is becoming more like a tradition here.

Another option is that you can create a paypal acc, and verifiy the account with your lebanon address, and use it to withdraw money. And you will have to link your paypal account to someone else's account, who lives abroad and whom you trust, therefore he can send you the money via western union.

One more option is that you can travel abroad (maybe Turkey) and you will have lots of options there.

Hopefully I was able to help by any means. And if you managed to withdraw with any other method, please let me know.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members