🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment dispute won, 1 of 1500 dollars paid!
Page options
magno_silva
Community Member

Payment dispute won, 1 of 1500 dollars paid!

I've worked on this project for a total of 4500 dollars. The client had some issues and we didn't even settle on the first milestone for 1500 dollars.

We got into a dispute, the client never answered since he pretty much ghosted me all the time and I won the dispute...

When I saw my balance, out of the 1500 dollars in escrow I got ONE (1) dollar. This farse has been going on for a month and I get nothing from concrete on my open ticket.

This is what the UPWORK RULE SAYS:

"4.1 RELEASE OF FUNDS TO FREELANCER

(...)

4.Client has failed timely to respond to a Notice of Dispute (defined below) or otherwise failed to comply with the Dispute Assistance Program, as required by the Escrow Disputes Team."

Why haven't the funds been released to me? Why are you requesting the client, who has lost the dispute, to release the funds???

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Magno,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. I checked your dispute and I can see that you have followed up with additional questions. Rest assured, your dispute agent will answer your questions directly there and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

congratulations.png

masud669
Community Member

Hello Magno,

It's a big deal. Maybe client payment methods are not legal or something like that. That's the reason Upwork takes a long time for investigation. Are you sure still the $1500 milestone is active and funded? Or did you get any "Contract hold" notification? I face also this type of problem a few months ago. But got the solution already. I hope you got it too.

It was funded. 

magno_silva_0-1637612489620.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members