🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment is still pending.
Page options
mhashiim
Community Member

Payment is still pending.

Hi there,

I worked with a client through Upwork Direct Contract. On 25th May, I sent her payment request, and the next day she accepted the request. (She also sent me a screenshot)
But still, I Haven't received my payment. I can't see any amount in my earnings. Could you please tell me what the issue is.
Screenshots are attached.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
k_nadel
Community Member

It seems to me your client has sent you a screenshot of her Paypal payment, that's to say the moment when she funded that milestone but hasn't yet approved your payment request on UpWork. If your client is new to UpWork this can easily lead to confusion, you will need to let them know that despite having made a payment to UpWork, they also need to approve the request you sent her. If she needs more info she can find it in the following link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000980507-Review-a-Milestone

In any case, don't panic, if you requested payment and she fails to manually approve that, it will automatically clear once 14 days have gone past since the moment you requested it. Do NOT click on request payment again as this will re-start the 14-day period.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Muhammad,

Kevin is right. I also checked and it looks like the client funded the contract but hasn't yet replied to your request to release the payment. You client should have received an email that looks like this and they can approve payment from that email. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members