» Forums » Freelancers » Payment issue with a fixed contract
Page options
ourdesignz
Community Member

Payment issue with a fixed contract

So, I am facing the issue with the payment of the contract-

"Extract text from PDFs as a JSON with python script"
Contract ID- 23626656

I have Delivered the work as promised and had infact worked on additional task on tabula

Things to be delivered in this milestone :-
Need t setup the project on tesseract. - Done
Generate the output from the tesseract Api after passing the pdf as the input. -Done
Share only the output which is returned from the tesseract to client. - Done

I submitted the work and requested to release the milestone, however, the client has requested changes to the milestone. Please suggest how would I get the payment for the work done.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes.

Resubmit.

If he clicks his button to request changes, explain to him that you will do the new work, but he first needs to release the current escrow funds.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "the client has requested changes to the milestone"

What does that mean?

A client can't request changes to a milestone.

He can request changes to the work if you did not complete the work as described in the original milestone agreement.

But a client can not change the milestone agreement itself.

A milestone is agreed upon and then the escrow payment is funded, and then the freelancer does the work.

If the client wants some else done, he can create a new milestone or new contract. He cannot change an existing milestone.

You may need to explain this to him, or ask him to come to this thread so he can ask his questions and get explanations about how to use Upwork properly.

Very simply: this client is violating Upwork ToS by asking you to work for free. He needs to release all escrow money to you and create a new contract or milestone if he wants you to do additional work. If he won't release payment even though you finished the work, then you need to file a dispute. But it would be far better to talk it out instead.

yes, that's correct that he is seeking additional work for free.

So, for the work done, Do I need to resubmit it to get the payment?

Yes.

Resubmit.

If he clicks his button to request changes, explain to him that you will do the new work, but he first needs to release the current escrow funds.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members