🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
marybethk
Community Member

Payment

So my payment is scheduled as I receive initial payment plus a bonus if I meet my deadline. The client paid for the entire project, but only the bonus portion of $22.50 was released to me?? I don't like how Upwork waits so long to release payment that has been sitting in their bank ever since it was funded by my client. Pretty annoyed bc I'm missing $150 that got lost in translation somewhere/wanted the $$ for this weekend and Upwork customer service is nowhere to be found 

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Marybeth,

Your client places funds into escrow when they set up a milestone. When you submit a milestone deliverable, your client is able to review your work and direct us to release payment. Your client can choose to release the full amount, more, or less than the escrow deposit, or ask you for changes to the work product.

When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period.

Feel free to check this help article to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members