🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please, let me know how to win more job
Page options
shamimrx99
Community Member

Please, let me know how to win more job

Hi there,

I am a graphic designer. In Upwork, I've completed 5 jobs with a 100% job success rate. Then, I have applied to more than 100 jobs but I did not win any.
Would you be able to look at my profile, please? And give me some tips on how to get more jobs.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
patrickjohn926
Community Member

Hi, Altafur. It does happen. Me too right now is experiencing the same thing. There are some job postings that don't have any activity for days. And sometimes your proposal gets covered down, because within a few minutes there like 20-50 proposals already. Try to apply to job postings under 5 proposals. 

TiffanyF
Staff
Staff

Hi Altafur,

Congratulations on getting a 100% Job Success Score!

I looked over your profile and you've done a great job of making sure you have a marketable profile.  Here are some additional tips I can provide to help you improve.

• Currently, you have one specialized profile. To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to consider adding an additional specialized profile to showcase your skills. You can review a list of all of the options here to help you select the most relevant one. You can have up to two of these profiles which can help you show off different areas of work and market to specific types of clients.
  • Under your Employment History, add relevant details to help clients understand your background. Some types of information you could include in your details are your duties, if you worked independently or with a team, and any major accomplishments.
  • Get a Testimonial. Testimonials are endorsements from past clients or employers that showcase your professionalism and skills. These can be clients from other platforms or people you have worked with/for previously and help validate your profile information. 
    • You can use the Testimonial tool to request written recommendations from clients you’ve worked with outside of Upwork. Then, in your proposal, you can direct the client to testimonials for similar projects you’ve completed. This will help instill trust in your work while you build your Upwork history.

When reviewing interesting projects, it might be helpful to look for project quality indicators. Here are some tips to help you screen for high-quality projects. 

1. Review the client’s history to see what they’ve spent on Upwork, what their hire rate is, whom they have hired, and what they have paid for previous similar projects. Look at how they have rated other talent, and what other professionals have said about them. This research may provide insights and understanding about the client's preferences and spending patterns. 
  2. Look for client and project badges that may indicate the client has high intent such as Upwork Plus & Upwork Enterprise client badges and Featured Jobs badges. These badges mean the client has a paid subscription.

Also, review other indicators such as:

• Feedback rating 
  • Amount spent to date
  • Feedback (read comments to and from other professionals on Upwork)
  • Number of hires vs. projects posted
  • Verified payment method and/or Enterprise client
  • Average hourly rate paid (both overall, and in the feedback section - if there is a project similar to the one you are applying to check out how much the hourly rate was)

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members