🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Possible Scam
Page options
d3d5b266
Community Member

Possible Scam

I was hired by a client **Edited for Community Guidelines** to test an app. They had me talk with their coworker **Edited for Community Guidelines****Edited for Community Guidelines** asked me to login to a "test account" and try to buy gems in the app with a credit card they provided. I believe this is a scam and want to report it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Feel free to also check this page for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, please report it. But we keep flagging the same ones every day only to see them appear again, so to me at least, flagging seems to have become kind of pointless.

How do I flag it? Thank you

dd63c576
Community Member

This is scam, you are right. Flag them and also follow Upwork policy to save yourself from such scams. 

d3d5b266
Community Member

Thank you. How do I flag them? I can't find it

Click on the job and a window will open with a green flag next to the text "Flag as inappropriate." Click that and then you'll have options to choose from as to why and a message box where you can enter details.

NikolaS

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Feel free to also check this page for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork

~ Nikola
Upwork
d3d5b266
Community Member

Hey Nikola, thank you very much. I have flagged both jobs and given a short description in the flag description box about the issue. 

magreth
Community Member

I tried to flag a job that was looking for an Upwork account to hire. On the list of possible reasons, there was nothing appropriate. 

justyourtype
Community Member

hi, I just watched the movie "Emily the criminal "with Aubrey Plaza. Sounds like credit card fraud, check out the movie.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members