🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Possible Scam?
Page options
9494859f
Community Member

Possible Scam?

I am new to Upwork. I had someone reach out to me offering to pay $550 a week to post Facebook ads for real estate 2 hours a day. He said to text him for more details (I just found out after researching for the same topic that it is against the User Agreement to speak outside of Upwork until a contract is made. I will not do this again knowing this) and when I did he says that he can pay me through Upwork as a payment method if I chose to. Is this considered a scam? On one hand, someone reaching out to me almost immediately after I signed up is a bit sketchy let alone communicating outside of the platform but also he's new and I'm new and he's offering a payment method through here. Would love some guidance before I proceed. Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spectralua
Community Member

Payment via Upwork its ok. Yes, you can speak outside only after contract started.

About job: ads for real estate may be fraud. You will be responsible for illegal action. Thats why criminal asking you to post fake ads from your name. Also scammers always fresh registered because banned asap after couple of violations. So be careful. If unsure then better to reject job.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
spectralua
Community Member

Payment via Upwork its ok. Yes, you can speak outside only after contract started.

About job: ads for real estate may be fraud. You will be responsible for illegal action. Thats why criminal asking you to post fake ads from your name. Also scammers always fresh registered because banned asap after couple of violations. So be careful. If unsure then better to reject job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members