🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Private Feedback is Unfair
Page options
593f7120
Community Member

Private Feedback is Unfair

I can't land a client because my jss is 81%. I got all 5-star reviews but because my clients think a 6/10 or 7 is a good score for private feedback they all leave that and I think this is super unfair. I even put low scores to my client because even if they were good to work with I ain't recommending them to anyone so I put a low score even if I liked them. Let alone upwork doesn't tell my clients how much private feedback affects my JSS and that is just against us freelancers. I have numerous clients who constantly come back to me for more work. I also know for a fact I am not doing a bad job. Let alone private feedback should ask something like how well did they do not how likely are you to recommend them. Even I put a low score because I am not going to recommend them at all even if they were a good client to work with.

5 REPLIES 5
celgins
Community Member

I will go beyond the word "unfair" and say that I think private feedback is ridiculous. In fact, I think the entire JSS system, in its current form, is a bit absurd.

I think a freelancer's Upwork work history--no matter how long or short--should always be considered and calulated. There should be no rolling timeframes where past jobs drop out of the calculation window. If you completed 10 jobs with 5-of-5 feedback 3 years ago, those jobs should still be reflected in your JSS. Conversely, if you completed 10 jobs with terrible feedback, that feedback should always be a part of your calculation.

The only way to increase your score would be to get better feedback; single-phased, one-time public feedback and not some backdoor private feedback where you get hammered by a client and your JSS suffers, and you have no idea why.

593f7120
Community Member

Like they ask the most stupid question for private feedback. If I were a client I would put 0 as even if I love their work and keep coming back I ain't recommending them.

spectralua
Community Member

Any feedback should be open! What are these secret reviews and calculations that no one can read but spoil everyone's life? Then everything is clear who did what well or badly. I have often seen freelancers with 1-2 stars but 100 JSS. 

Like I started upwork not long ago I Got 13/13 5 star reviews or something like that but I got 80% jss because my clients think 6/10 for private feedback is good or it is pointless and doesn't matter as its private. Upwork should let these clients know how much of an impact they have. Now I cant land any clients when I was landing a bunch not long ago who numerous of them are still coming back to me with more work.

You are right. Clients think that 6 is good feedback. Yep, it is good, much better than 2. But it is dropped you to 60% JSS, so realy it is very bad beedback for JSS calculation. Noone will explain to clients that only 10 is good.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members