🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Scam
Page options
77d6b3c5
Community Member

Project Scam

A project has been posted regarding website development. The guy hired 5 other developers for the same project before me and now he sent me offer too for 25$/hour. He wants me to buy domain and hosting as according to him he is too busy. Domain price is 169$. Shall I go for it and accept the offer or it could be a scam. Please guide me as I am new to upwork. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
iwan-spillebeen
Community Member

100% a scam.

Do not ever pay a client, do not make payments on behalf of clients, do not upfront pay anything for a client.  You will never get your money back. 

Clients pay freelancers, if the client wants you to purchase a domain, they need to transfer you the funds first, but let's face it, nobody is too busy to purchase a domain, it takes less time than to create a post on UpWork.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
iwan-spillebeen
Community Member

100% a scam.

Do not ever pay a client, do not make payments on behalf of clients, do not upfront pay anything for a client.  You will never get your money back. 

Clients pay freelancers, if the client wants you to purchase a domain, they need to transfer you the funds first, but let's face it, nobody is too busy to purchase a domain, it takes less time than to create a post on UpWork.

PradeepH

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team to investigate and take action based on our internal processes. Please note that we do not encourage freelancers to send money to clients or make any purchases at their request.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members