Did you mean: 

Re: Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Kashi K Member Since: Mar 17, 2019
31 of 45

promo code

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
32 of 45

Hi Kashi,

Please refer to the details Avery shared in her post about getting a promo code, thank you.

Untitled
Alosious P Member Since: Feb 15, 2012
33 of 45

In my opinion i would like to have some free connects for each freelancer, i have worked hard over past 5 years on upwork, but due to high number of application i do not get enough of interviews. Upwork deducts 20% off payment, is not it resonable to give some free connects each month, so atleast we can submit 2-3 jobs per month. 

Some job required 6 connects , so we lose $0.9 if we are not selected for the job, what is the use of this ? atleast we should get a percentage of refund for delicined proposal. Previously it was job platform , everyone can make life out of it, now all became business minded. 

Upwork please be resonable for us. Atleast 20 free connect is much helpful for us.

Wahyu D Member Since: Sep 21, 2019
34 of 45

I just "wasting" bidding this and that with my free connects and knowing that I'll not get a free connect every month. I thought my number of connect will be reset every month.

If I don't get hired until my connect runs out, I'd got to pull it out of my pocket.

From here I feel it's like a gambling. I help the upwork revenue with my payment but I don't get any guarantee that I'll be hired.

I'm Ok with the massive fee, but charging an unemployment upworker..geezz

Community Leader
Jared K Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
35 of 45

Wahyu D wrote:

"From here I feel it's like a gambling."

Freelancing is a gamble, bro.

Life is also a gamble.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
36 of 45

Wahyu D wrote:

From here I feel it's like a gambling.

It sounds like you don't have much confidence in your skills and ability to market yourself.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
37 of 45

Tiffany S wrote:

Wahyu D wrote:

From here I feel it's like a gambling.

It sounds like you don't have much confidence in your skills and ability to market yourself.

I always love how the patronizing ones with the "sage" advice can't figure out how to work the quote function on the forum. 

Some things have changed. Nice to see that some things have stayed the same.

Ramona P Member Since: Nov 7, 2019
38 of 45

did they do away with free connects a month? I STRONGLY agree with you. There is so many jobs and $1 a job is way to high! UP work please help!

Eric W Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
39 of 45

Hey am new in upwork,am trying to buy some connects so that i can be able to submit a proposal.And also where do i get the promo code?

Please help me.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
40 of 45

re: "And also where do i get the promo code?"

You don't have a promo code.

Leave that field blank.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS