🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Questionable job listing
Page options
9312ea8a
Community Member

Questionable job listing

I saw this listing and applied for it, but after submitting a proposal, I see that it has changed and added a link in the job description.  I have seen this type of job listed before after I clicked the link.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines** looks suspisous as it is not a firm.

Anyone else seen this before?

8 REPLIES 8
Community Member

IDK if it is a scam, but I've seen A LOT of postings for this. I run on the assumption that it is a scam, because of the link and download requirements.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Scammers-Know-How-To-Get-Money-Transferred-TO-Them/m-p/...

melaniekhenson
Community Member

"Experience its purchase procedure first"? 😄 I'd be running, but maybe I'm just the suspicious type. I'd report it and move on.

Maybe someone else has different input; this is just mine. I haven't seen this before, no. But I do know that anyone who asks me to buy anything, even as a "test" or whatever, gets a pass from me. I just don't go there.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Eric, never click on links for your own protection and it's against Upwork's Terms to do so. Thanks!

Where does it say that? Thanks!

This is bad advice. Clicking on links is not against the Terms in any way. Often it is very helpful in determining if I want to apply for a job, and how much I should bid. Why would you tell people to do this? There are ways to protect online users from virus/trojan/malware/etc.

Community Member

Sooooo, this same company posted a job 6 hours ago that blatantly admitted that they are seeking free consults through the interview process. If any mods hop on, I'd be happy to DM the details. Everyone else, you can get the majority of the job description over here.

b8881069
Community Member

I had this happen once. I applied for a project that was to edit an ebook, but after I submitted it I noticed the job title changed. I don't even care if it is legit or not, I withdrew my proposal and reported it.

9312ea8a
Community Member

Same jobe just reposted offering $5k and linking the same TEMU site, 18 minutes ago. Reported it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members