🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » REVISION - FINALISATION
Page options
b0667b31
Community Member

REVISION - FINALISATION

Hi I just finished my first job,fixed price contract ( $35 ). The client funded $20 in the milestone, which I just received after 14 days after submitting the work. So what's going to happen do the rest of the money ( $15 ) now ? Is there a period of time I need to wait again ? Client never asked for any edits, so I'm assuming they were happy with my work. I can't see to find anything about this on upwork. Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Zuzana,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job you are referring to and it looks like the client has funded only $20 for the first milestone. They will have to make a bonus payment or create and fund a new milestone for the remaining payment. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your answer. So do I just message the client and ask him to do so ?
What if he doesn't or I don't get any reply ,is there anything else I can do then ?

Thank you

Zuzana

There isn't. There is no protection for funds that aren't escrowed. 

For future reference, there is no need to create separate milestones for the draft and the finished product, and many freelancers lose part of their payment with this structure. When you submit your draft to the client using the submit work/request payment button, they have 14 days to review and request revisions. So, there's no reason not to set the first milestone for the full amount on a small project that only involves a draft and possible revision.

Thank you. As I said it was my first job, I will be wiser next time 😊

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hi I just finished my first job,fixed price contract ( $35 ). The client funded $20 in the milestone, which I just received after 14 days after submitting the work. So what's going to happen do the rest of the money ( $15 ) now ? Is there a period of time I need to wait again ? Client never asked for any edits, so I'm assuming they were happy with my work. I can't see to find anything about this on upwork. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you "

If the client funded $20, then this was a $20 job.

There is no $35.

If that number was the project "budget" or the "total amount" for the project, it doesn't count.

In the future, don't work on unfunded milestones.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members