🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Downtime
Page options
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Freelancer profile not found

Since yesterday I can't open a single freelancer profile. Seems to be a bug. I hope. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martina,

Are you not being able to access a freelancer's profile from their Community page? If so, we are aware of this issue and is currently under investigation. As a workaround, the link is not getting redirected properly and it leaves an underscore that's causing this. By removing the underscore, you should be able to access the profile. You can check this screenshot for reference.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martina,

Are you not being able to access a freelancer's profile from their Community page? If so, we are aware of this issue and is currently under investigation. As a workaround, the link is not getting redirected properly and it leaves an underscore that's causing this. By removing the underscore, you should be able to access the profile. You can check this screenshot for reference.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Martina,

Thank you.

Yes, that's correct. I don't see the underscore you refer to, but it's not a big issue for me. Just wanted to make sure it is adressed. 

Hi Martina,

Could you please share the URL you are being redirected to so that we can check on that?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

For example, when I click on Martina I get the following: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/_~0158ba3f5e111ae4c6/

Hi Mary,

In your case, the error is in the underscore. If you try to access Martina's profile without the underscore, it will open it without any problems.

We'll follow up here once the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Why am I not getting the underscore or the error when I click on Martina's profile? Could it have something to do with browsers? (I'm on Safari for what it's worth) 

Edited to add: I tried Chrome and Firefox and it worked just fine -no underscore.

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Martina,

Could you please share the URL you are being redirected to so that we can check on that?

Thank you.

This is one example. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/_~01012c0f7e1e9bc171/

Martina P wrote:

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Martina,

Thank you.

This is one example. 

Martina, you have to delete the underscore in order to see the profile.

Screenshot (3).png

Maria T wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Martina,

Thank you.

This is one example. 

Martina, you have to delete the underscore in order to see the profile.

Screenshot (3).png

Thank you, that works! 

Regarding the removal of underscore: There is no longer an underscore and I still get the same no freelance profile found message 

Here is the URL: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/create-service-profile

Oh, what I'm trying to do is go into my profile settings to create a specialized profile. After clicking the button Add Specialized Profile then it goes to the error message 

Hi Preet,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Once done, could you please go here? You may also manually check again by going to Settings> Profile Settings. Please let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Martina,

Thank you.

Hi Aleksandar,
Any progress correcting this problem?
It is quite uncomfortable.

alejandrojess
Community Member

Why I cannot view my profile from  upwork forum to my freelance profile ? it says freelancer not found. 

Jesse John O wrote:

Why I cannot view my profile from  upwork forum to my freelance profile ? it says freelancer not found. 

Because there is a bug which inserts a "_" which breaks the url. Simply remove the "_" and the link will work.  So instead of ...../freelancers/_~0....... it needs to be  ...../freelancers/~0.......

remove.png

Guess what?  After all the extended downtime yesterday and last night and early this morning, the random character is still inserted on a freelancer's profile URL and must be manually removed to actually see their profile.  

Bless their hearts.

So that's why I don't seem to find any freelancer profiles recently haha

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

Remove the underscore from the url

url.png

Petra R wrote:

Viacheslav K wrote:

Remove the underscore from the url

url.png

This works! (thank you Petra). But is this an Upwork move to  stop or discourage forum users from   viewing public profiles? Is it to stop comments helpful or otherwise? Is it intended, in effect, to kill the purpose of of the forums and  community interaction?  If not - why hasn't it been fixed?

If it is intended to discourage, why not just say so?    

Apparently, according to Someone Who Knows (Petra), the forum is a separate entity from the platform which explains why this wasn't fixed yester day.  It doesn't explain why it hasn't been fixed in the last 2 weeks.

Hi Nichola and Mary, 

I can assure you that this is not intended in any way, and we are fully aware of this issue. This has already been escalated to our vendor, and we are trying to find a solution to help improve this experience. The current workaround is to remove the "underscore" after the forward-slash to view profiles. 

We will not limit or discourage users from viewing profiles and/or stop users from providing useful feedback. We do, however, encourage Community members to refrain from accusing other users of misconduct, incompetence, or other wrongdoing as these violate the Upwork Community Guidelines. If you see anything that you believe should be reported, taken down, or actioned on, you can flag the profile as inappropriate or report it directly to any moderator, and we will review and take action on your report. 

We do appreciate receiving these flags, so please don't hesitate to send them our way. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rayxangel
Community Member

error page, every time i tried to view my profile.

the page says, "the profile is no longer available"

im not sure if this is system bug

Hi Ray,

I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still seeing it on your end?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

With a bit of delay, we wanted to update you all as the issue with the underscore was fixed. Thank you for your reports and patience in getting this resolved. If it happens again or something else comes up, please let us know!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
80d96023
Community Member

I had a similar issue. I submitted some proposals. 

In the "Your proposed terms" section, I tried clicking my General Profile.

This action redirected me to a new page with a message: "Freelancer profile not found"

Please kindly see the attached screenshots!

Many thanks for your help!

Hi Hai,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members