Reason for JSS decrease

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1491 of 1,654

Marco H wrote:

I know 1% is close to 0, yet I would like to know why it drops when

I have not received any kind of feedback during the last month, 

As contracts fall out of your calculation window, your JSS can fluctuate because the weight of outcomes left in the calculation window changes. That means that when good outcomes fall out without being replaced by other good outcomes, the "weight" of any not-so-great outcomes increases and the JSS goes down a bit.

When when a poor outcome fall out without being replaced by another another poor outcome, the "weight" of the great outcomes increases and the JSS goes up.

marco_heinze
Marco H Member Since: Jun 8, 2020
1492 of 1,654

Thanks for the answer, yet I don't understand it fully. All long term projects are still active, the clients do not have work for me every single week, so does this decrease my JSS when I don't have additional short-term projects that come with good feedback? I actually thought that not receiving  feedback does not have an influence on the JSS as of recently?

petra_r
Community Guru
1493 of 1,654

Marco H wrote:

Thanks for the answer, yet I don't understand it fully. All long term projects are still active, the clients do not have work for me every single week, so does this decrease my JSS when I don't have additional short-term projects that come with good feedback? I actually thought that not receiving  feedback does not have an influence on the JSS as of recently?

It has nothing to do with your ongoing contracts.

Long term contracts (3 months plus) with regular (at least monthly) earnings actually count as a positive factor.

Just think of your calculation window as a bowl holding apples. ONLY apples you got in the last 6 months count towards your 6 month window. (as an example). Say you had 20 apples, of which 19 were green and one was red a few weeks ago. At that point your "green apple percentage" was 95%.

Then one by one, some green apples started going off (because they became older than 6 months) and had to be thrown away until today, your bowl only contains 10 apples, 9 green and the red one. Now your green apple percentage has become  90%.

But next week that red apple gets over 6 months old, and you'll have only 9 apples in the bowl. They are all green, your green apple percentage becomes 100%

marco_heinze
Marco H Member Since: Jun 8, 2020
1494 of 1,654

Ah, ok thanks, I think now I'm getting it. I must see it as it reflects all what happened in this time window and not at a specific time.

mintumondal65
Ace Contributor
Mintu M Member Since: Apr 1, 2021
1495 of 1,654

I am not understand fully yet and although my long term project is still active

mintumondal65
Ace Contributor
1496 of 1,654

Hi Community,

I am here again because my talent badge got vanished last week from my profile. Also, why do my job success rate is getting down? Is there any reason? I completed all the jobs successfully but, it is still getting a lower rate. My job success rate was 100%, then 91%, now it is 87%. What is the reason behind that? Why did profile badged get vanished?

petra_r
Community Guru
1497 of 1,654

Mintu M wrote:

I am here again because my talent badge got vanished last week from my profile. 

You have a JSS. You can't have a JSS AND a Rising Talent badge. Only one or the other.

Mintu M wrote:

My job success rate was 100%, then 91%, now it is 87%. What is the reason behind that?

You received poor private feedback.

It may well drop further when it updates again, the contract that ended yesterday didn't go quite so well either.

mintumondal65
Ace Contributor
1498 of 1,654

If it is drops again then how do I improve JSS score again?

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
1499 of 1,654

Hello Mintu,

Thank you for your message. As long as you do great work for your clients and receive great feedback -- regardless of whether it’s a low- or high-budget job -- your score will climb. Winning higher-budget jobs and receiving positive feedback on those will typically raise your JSS faster than low-paying jobs. For more details and to discuss this change, please visit our Community forum here.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Untitled
mintumondal65
Ace Contributor
1500 of 1,654

Thank you very much for clearification.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS