🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Responding to "Payment not verified" invitati...
Page options
d9ae1f8b
Community Member

Responding to "Payment not verified" invitations

Hello Upwork Community,

This is my 2nd week on the Upwork platform, I'm still going through the academy vvideos but I have started to bid on some jobs.

This morning I received two invitations to interview for jobs I DID NOT bid on. I guess the client found me???  Both of these opportunities say "Payment not verified".  Should I be concerened about that?  What would an experienced Upwork member think about that?

Thanks,

Jack

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Your profile is searchable, anyone can find you with skills set.

"Payment not verified" dont matter. It may be new client or scammer as well.

Start works only after contract started. Client must verify payment to do it. And never contact telegram\eml without contract.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

You should be happy if quality clients are coming to you for a proposal on their projects.

Just have an interview or whatever you think will provide you with the information you need to decide whether to work with them. But don't agree to a contract with any client until their payment method is verified by Upwork. 

If they don't understand why you want their payment method verified (or pretend they don't understand) you just might not want to work with them. I don't work with client's who don't want to do what Upwork says they should do in order to engage freelancers. 

n_pudikova
Community Member

85% of my Clients here are first-time comers, and none of them had a "Verified" payment when we started our contracts. 

I just looked at your profile, Jack - you are a Pro, and I can clearly see it as a recruiter - this is why people are coming to you. 

Good luck! 

allergywriter
Community Member

Payment not verified means they are a newbie - just like you. If you think you are a good fit for the work they need to be done, then let them know that you will accept their offer of a contract AFTER their payment method is verified.

Payment not verified can be a huge red flag that person is a scammer, but there is also a chance they are new to the platform. You just have to be alert. Scammers prey on those new to Upwork. Don't talk off-platform until a contract is in place, and don't accept a contract until payment is verified. NEVER do work without a contract in place.

Be safe and prosper!

the-right-writer
Community Member

Verified payment means absolutely nothing. Many clients don't want to put down money if they don't know they will hire. It doesn't mean they are new or scammers. As Cheryl said, make sure the job is funded before you begin work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members