🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reviving an old agency
Page options
saitaosla
Community Member

Reviving an old agency

First of all I do apologize if I post this in the wrong category. I started doing serious freelance in 2017 and climbed my way up to top rated in just a few months, I realized that my true talent is not web design(though I do have) but by negotiating and doing proposals I developed my own strategy to do killer proposals.

That's when I first tried to open an agency for web developers and designers, I soon realize that the people I hired to work for my agency can't keep up with my level(not that im bragging) the quality of work they do isn't on par with mine(but the clients still liked it) they were not upwork material and I decided to stop the agency.

Now im going to revive the agency, but on a different category called "data entry" I do have expirience with data entry because this is where I started off when I was still practicing how to do programming back in the old days.

I truly value my account and take care of it like a baby, now if I revive my old agency on a different category, my question is if a freelancer on my team screwed up and get his account banned will I get banned as well? Im very well aware of the TOS of upwork since the new people im going to hire will have his/her own upwork profile it will be tough to find new work under the agency, it is expected that it will take a couple of proposals before landing a new work.

Here are some questions, i'd like to know. If you have the time to answer them I appreciate it. I did some searching but was unable to find the exact answer to my questions.

• Since im the agency owner, I will do proposals on thier behalf(I can do this via the agency) I heard some people get banned for proposing to many jobs, I don't do copy paste proposals I do it manully depending on the clients problem and find a solution to thier needs, thats how I do it.
  • Am I allowed to use the same agency on a different category? My category is web design, but my agency will be with data entry, they are far from each other and do things differently.
  • The freelancer who will work for me will be allowed to work even at home, or without my constant watch as Im busy with my clients. If he gets screwed and got banned will I be banned as well?
  • If a freelancer working under my agency and a contract closes with less than 4 stars, will it affect my personal account as well?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan C wrote:

1. Since im the agency owner, I will do proposals on thier behalf(I can do this via the agency) I heard some people get banned for proposing to many jobs
  2. Am I allowed to use the same agency on a different category?
  3. The freelancer who will work for me will be allowed to work even at home, or without my constant watch as Im busy with my clients. If he gets screwed and got banned will I be banned as well?
  4. If a freelancer working under my agency and a contract closes with less than 4 stars, will it affect my personal account as well?

1. Nobody gets banned for "too many proposals" - people get removed from the platform if their proposals do not result in any, or very few jobs compared with the number of proposals.
  2. Yes
  3. No, but your agency's JSS may suffer
  4. No, but it will affect the agency's JSS

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan C wrote:

Now im going to revive the agency, but on a different category called "data entry" I do have expirience with data entry because this is where I started off when I was still practicing how to do programming back in the old days.

Forget it.

Data Entry is the single most swamped and oversubscribed category on Upwork, as well as the lowest priced, with literally hundreds of thousands of Data Entry wannabes trying to win jobs.

These days all profiles have to be approved, and your chances of getting entry level data entry people approved are close to or absolutely nil. 

Every day 10.000 people try to join Upwork. 98% are rejected, of the 2% that are accepted (I would bet none of them are data entry people) the vast najority never earn a Dollar.

Trying to establish a data entry agency on Upwork these days would be a monumental waste of your time.

data entry.jpg

No worries, not all freelancer under my agency would be working for an data entry. One of my primary focus is to offer virtual assistant specifically in dropshipping and product posting which I think is still under data entry, I think data entry has much broad sub categories under it just need to think outside the box. I have some people already working for someone outside upwork and wanted to introduce them to upwork.

Anyway could you perhaps shed some light with the questions on my original post? I'd appreciate it if you can give some of your time.

Bump

petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan C wrote:

1. Since im the agency owner, I will do proposals on thier behalf(I can do this via the agency) I heard some people get banned for proposing to many jobs
  2. Am I allowed to use the same agency on a different category?
  3. The freelancer who will work for me will be allowed to work even at home, or without my constant watch as Im busy with my clients. If he gets screwed and got banned will I be banned as well?
  4. If a freelancer working under my agency and a contract closes with less than 4 stars, will it affect my personal account as well?

1. Nobody gets banned for "too many proposals" - people get removed from the platform if their proposals do not result in any, or very few jobs compared with the number of proposals.
  2. Yes
  3. No, but your agency's JSS may suffer
  4. No, but it will affect the agency's JSS

Petra R wrote:

Nobody gets banned for "too many proposals" - people get removed from the platform if their proposals do not result in any, or very few jobs compared with the number of proposals.

But in the agency's case, if I do post a proposal on behalf of my freelancers via the agency will that affect me if the proposals aren't that much effective? In worst case banned?

I've activated my agency and very cautious about doing proposal, I need clarification before actually doing some proposals.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths