🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594

Okay mam

magreth
Community Member

Top rated on Upwork means someone with a Top Rated Badge not the general English meaning. 

e871b4e4
Community Member

Hi!

I think this is why I can't get raising talent yet.
I already finished 3 jobs and get good reviews.
Please solve this problem.
I just started business on upwork and this isn't fair if I can't get raising talent.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork. While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

~ Arjay
Upwork
akshaysinha1000
Community Member

Greetings freelancers.

Background: I am in my 2nd month of being active on the platform. I have successfully completed 5 jobs with ~5 star ratings (public ones) and have good public reviews in all of them. I have maintained a 100% complete profile and have a full score in Upwork readiness test. 

Questions:
I was never invited for rising talent badge even though I have satisfied the criteria mentioned in the official help link.
1. Is there a possibility that the private feedback from clients I worked with had a negative effect on it?
2. I worked with a client who was later suspended by UW for violating TNC. I gave full refund and the support ticket staff helped me get that job off my profile. Is it possible that the said client's poor private feedback hampered my rising talent bid? 

I completely understand that I have 5 complete jobs and will most likely get a JSS in the coming cycle (or after 1 more feedback). Not getting the badge has not affected me in getting jobs (maybe a lesser proposal conversation rate). But I really want to know if I am missing something so that I don't mess up the Top-rated badge in 3 months from now (for which again I seemingly fulfil criteria if I maintain my JSS above 90). 

Thank you for taking your valuable time to read my queries.
Best Regards

You are lucky, this is my 3rd month in upwork , got 2 interview but did'nt get the job and I got the Rising Talent badge, however I don't have my first client yet. 

I think it is also based on demand-supply of certain skills. I read it on other forum that you can get rising talent if your skills are needed in the market even without clients.
Keep sending proposals where you are a good fit and I hope everything will work out for you!

Hi Akshay,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

About your second question, clients may still leave private feedback even if you issued a refund. The job just would not show on your profile and the client cannot leave public feedback. This may affect your JSS which also has an effect on your Rising Talent eligibility.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks AJ for your response. 

I have just this query: If a fraudulent client is banned by upwork, is it reasonable to include their private feedback in JSS calculations? It is not a question of simple refund, but a fraud client. 

Best Regards,
Akshay

Hi Akshay,

If a client is found fraudulent then the feedback will not be counted against your JSS. Emphasis on the "if" as we cannot share with anyone why a client account gets suspended for privacy reasons. But rest assured that if it is because of anything that would count as fraudulent, it should not affect your JSS.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much for your responses AJ.

e_hajjaj
Community Member

its been more than a year and the badge is not showing on my profile! i tried to concatc the support but nothing! how can i fix this issue.?

Hi Elhassan,

Thank you for your message. If you're referring to the Top Rated badge, you can earn a Top Rated badge by building an impressive reputation on Upwork. This includes a proven history of success with multiple clients, consistently delighting your clients with your work, and contributing to a safe and vibrant marketplace by knowing and following the Upwork Terms of Service.

You can monitor your progress and help manage your success by using your My Stats page to track your Job Success Score, 12-month earnings, and more. To become Top Rated, you must have the following qualifications:

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First project on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

You're almost there. Keep up the good work! 

~ Arjay
Upwork

thank you for your reply!

what i mean is that i have no badge showing in my profile even raising talent ! "See atached file" 

HkLgsZ.png

Hi Elhassan,

I certainly understand your concern. While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. I hope this helps.

~ Arjay
Upwork
016b9b89
Community Member

I recently took the readiness test, inorder for me to have the Rising Talent Badge as a new freelancer to the platform. But after passing with 5 points and receiving a 40 connects, the badge is still not showing on my profile even after 4 days now. Can someone tell me what to do?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for your response

archfreelancing
Community Member

Hello,
I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and job success score conditions and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 12 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Could you please check it out and help me to get the badges?
Sincerely,
Salman

Hi Salman,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6948080c
Community Member

Greeting!,

I have total 5k+ earning with 9 completed jobs but I didn't get any badge. Kindly help and suggest me if anything is missing.

Regards,

Mahesh Gehlot

Hi Mahesh,

It looks like you already have a Job Success Score, this means you're not eligible to get the Rising Talent badge. However, you can start working your way to the Top Rated badge!

~Andrea
Upwork
6948080c
Community Member

Andrea, thanks for your clarification and suggestion.

Community Member

Hey Upwork Support

I am a freelancer how joind upwork some 4 months ago, and I never getted Rising talent badge. Can you please tell me the reason. (I know, now I have JSS but I need to know about rising talent)

Hi Burhan,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
md_akter
Community Member

Hello Valeria, Good day would please check my profile. I am thinking I meet upwork requirements. Still waiting for  Rising talent badge.

Still not getting the rising talent badge. I cordially request that our respected Upwork team kindly check my profile and just allow me to get this. Without a talent badge, the client would not allow me to interview. I have already submitted a lot of proposals but the client is not responding. Please, this is the time to help me to get the rising talent badge 

34260dce
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I met the requirements to get this tag and have progressed very quickly since the first day I entered. It's so sad that I still don't get this tag. I see some users who got this tag even though they earn less job and salary than me.

Hi Metin,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
4df04ac9
Community Member

Hi, Upwork. Thank you for your services, and chance get the work 😃 Unfortunately i have some problem, i make all necessary terms for badge "Rising Talent", and still dont get them, can you check please, maybe this is some bug. Yhank you for attention, have a good day.

Hi Mykyta,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us. While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here

~ Arjay
Upwork
armankink
Community Member

Hey Upwork I think I have fulfilled the criteria for Rising Talent Badge, and on my way for for fulfilling the criteria for TOP RATED BADGE in a few months. But I haven't yet been awarded the Rising Talent Badge. Can anyone help me with that.

Thanks & Regards,

Arman T.

Hi Arman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
iamrj19
Community Member

I have been meeting all the Criteria for rising talent for a couple of months, but still, I am not getting this tag.

Please look into my profile and fix the issue.

Hi Ronak,

~ AJ
Upwork
ezebube
Community Member

These two are prerequisites for acquiring a rising talent.

Could someone please explain them to me? Would I still be eligible for the badge if my hands were tied and I turned off the availability badge? Should I still submit many proposals, given that I already have my hands tied?

Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Keeping your availability status up-to-date doesn't mean turning on the Availability Badge, which is a different feature altogether. You just need to make sure that the availability you set on your profile reflects your current bandwidth to handle new work. In addition, the Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned once you meet the requirements. You can rest assured you'll be notified when this happens.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ezebube
Community Member

Thank you, Luiggi 

d6493104
Community Member

Hi, I joined Upwork as a client in 2019 and decided to start offering my skills as a freelancer in June 2022. Got my first job in a few days and a lot more after. I have currently completed 4 and got rated 5 stars on each and I have 3 in progress. All the jobs are $300+ and the 'fastest' lasted a week, my earnings are currently at $3k+. Now according to all i've been reading for weeks, those are very good stats right? Now, someone explain why

1. I have not received a Rising Talent badge when people with $100 earned and two jobs have it

2. Okay great I saw a JSS score yesterday (100% hallelujah) but it only shows up on my profile. My stats still says no JSS, when i apply to jobs, clients don't see it in the preview unless they click to my profile, lastly i searched with my client account and my freelancer profile does not show up when i use the JSS filter. Summarily, it only shows when someone clicks to see my full profile

Someone help please, because if it isn't showing up as it should, its as good as not having it, cause most clients won't even click to see my profile without a JSS. Is this a glitch or something??

Hi Ibuanuoluwa,

Thank you for your message. Since you already have enough work history on your Upwork profile, we have automatically replaced your Rising Talent status with a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status. Please allow 48 hours for the JSS to update on your My Stats page.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members