🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594

Hi Obinna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While the Rising Talent Badge may be given to those even without a work history on Upwork, the skills they have must be in demand to qualify. Please note as well that many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. We cannot really specify what other factors are at play but once you qualify, you should receive an invitation to the program. 

With that in mind, you may want to apply to jobs, finish projects successfully and garner good feedback from clients. Kindly check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
kathpepot
Community Member

I thought I met all the requirements. Can anyone possibly tell me if there is something wrong with my account or which part in my profile or work should I improve to get this? Thank you

Hi Kathleen,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive an invitation to the program.

~ AJ
Upwork
0f700cb2
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to know why I am not getting a Rising talent badge yet. I have finished all requirements but still nothing... 😞   

Thanks

Hi Mikalai,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. You can also monitor your status by going to Find work> My stats. Keep up the good work!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2345c59d
Community Member

Hello Everyone.

I am Minhajul Islam T. And I am a Full-time Website, Landing Page UX/UI Designer on Upwork.

I joined Upwork as a freelancer on 25th January 2022. (Almost +100 Days)

Also, I have done 2 jobs on Upwork with a good review of 5.00. I am always Active on Upwork. And Submit proposals regularly. I have also maintained the Upwork privacy policy. 

But still, I don't have the Upwork Rising Talent Badges!!! 😭

Why this problem!

Can somebody tell me?

Hi Minhajul Islam,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. 

I am sure that if you keep up the good work you will receive Rising Talent status. Feel free to monitor your progress here. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Additionally, I would like to clarify that many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market.

Edited to add information. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
kalido0
Community Member

Hello, i have got Rising Talent Badge couple of weeks  ago and it was showing in my profile know all of a sudden this badge is not showing on my profile. Thanks

Hi Kalid,

Thank you for your message. Your Rising Talent badge may be removed in case of any hold on the account for violation of our TOS or after you earn a JSS on your Upwork profile. I see that your account was recently placed on hold due to a violation of our TOS. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1d33e6bc
Community Member

Hello,

My Rising Talent Badge suddenly disappeared only 5 days after I was awarded the badge. I'm totally confused please i need your help.

Hi Raymond,

I have checked your account and I can see that you've already reached out to our team and support tickets have been created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through those tickets for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
812f7865
Community Member

Hello,

Сan I still get the "Rising Talent" mark?

My profile is 100% complete, I have only 1 order received for a month, and passed the test!
But I do not see where you can automatically get this mark

Thank you in advance for answering! 

parekh_tejas2109
Community Member

Hello there.

I've had the rising talent badge for a while, but only just realized it was removed from my profile recently. I would like to know the exact reason why and what can be done to get it back or what are the next steps for me in maintaining a good profile.

Hi Tejas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics. Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I had the same experience, I was wondering if there's some reason to it to keep the badge. Thanks

Hi Aloha,

Thank you for reaching out. I have checked your account and it looks like you just had a 100% JSS. Please note that once you have enough work history on Upwork, we will automatically replace your Rising Talent status with a Job Success Score (JSS). You can now start working toward Top Rated status.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d63dfdea
Community Member

Hi, 

I have met all requirements for a Rising Talent Badge on Upwork but I am yet to be awarded the badge. What do I need to do to earn it?

Hi Ifeoma,

You have to fill these criteria to get a Rising Talent batch. If you think you already filled all the criteria the batch will be displayed in your profile within 24-48 hrs. Thanks!

- Raju

912bd9c4
Community Member

Hello fellows I am fulfilling the criteria for rising talent badge but still upwork doesnot give me rising talent badge how can i contatct upwork for this issue or how can i get rising talent badge

Hi Mudassir,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
koushik_seemanto
Community Member

Hi, I have been working in Upwork for more than 6 months. Completed 3 jobs and my 4th job is ongoing. Also earned a sufficient amount of money. Yet I have not got any success score and rising talent badge. I have completed every requirement for a rising talent badge. What else do I have to do for being eligible for this badge?

On your profile, click to the badge, then learn more. You will see this criteria https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049702614 They will revise your profile yearly, I think

Hi Koushik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, I would like to clarify that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks, for the information Nikola S. Is there any way to know what is left for the eligibility?

Hi Nikola,

Does this mean you have to complete 2 or more projects? How about if you are working for them for a long time is there a point for that. When you say long term, how long would that be for upwork?

Thank you

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for your message. To calculate your JSS, you need to have the required contracts on your Upwork account. Ongoing contracts will be included in your JSS calculation. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ayotunde-oni
Community Member

Hello, Upwork says it takes 48 houts to uodate the rising talent badge and belive me i thibk i have over hit the criterias for that. Please what do i do because i still haven't seen the badge. 

I'm this is important for clients trust and even to meet certain job criterias.

Hi Ayotunde,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
1748ac8a
Community Member

Hello,
I have met all the qualifications for Rising Talent, received email notification about qualifying, and completed the readiness test, 13 days ago. However, I am still not seeing the badge appear on my account. Is there additional action I should take? I've reviewed all the help forums and articles, and I just can't seem to figure out what's missing.

Hi Madalyn,

It looks like you already have a Job Success Score! Please know that a JSS replaces a Rising Talent badge. You can now start working towards Top Rated status.

~Andrea
Upwork
5c3fd087
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I just recently got my rising talent badge yesterday and few hours later it was gone. Can you check what is missing. Thanks.

Hi Jenevieve,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
syedbaqir97
Community Member

Hello, I have passed all the requirements for getting rising talent badge but couldnt get it for no reason till now. I am not sure who to ask and get a response. Please help me out if anyone of you have faced the same problem.

Hi Syed,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

~ AJ
Upwork
4c4aa8bb
Community Member

Hi,

I am a little bit tense about my Rising Talent Badge.

I got it last night and suddenly saw JSS for the first time.

Everything was going fine but suddenly the badge is not there. 

I am not seeing the Rising Talent Badge anymore on my profile.

I am not understanding what happened.

If anyone please make me clear about it.

Thanks

I don't see an JSS on your profile. 

But if you see it, all is fine. You can't have RT and a JSS at the same time. 

Oh! I see. Actually, I thought I just got the RS Badge and within one hour I have seen the JSS.

Both of them were on the profile for 8-10 hours.  Then RS left.

Yes, I am seeing my JSS.

c23edee8
Community Member

Hello Sir/Mam,

I have completed 3-4 jobs. Still, I didn't get any badges.
Can you please let me know What is missing to earn a Badge?

0f6593a5
Community Member

anyone kindly let me know that how to get rising talent badge on my profile?

The first thing that you need to do is write a profile description that's in your own words. (Here's one tip: don't say that you're a top rated designer, since everyone can see that isn't true.) If you're suspended, that will pretty much disqualify you for a rising talent badge. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members