🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1ef2f1f6
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

How i know that i am eligible for rising talent badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Marc,

The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. This means that even if you meet the qualifications for earning one, it will not be automatically added to your profile. Some factors are considered based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors, including your work category. The badge will be added to your profile if you're selected and no action is required from you.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

693 REPLIES 693

Hi Salako,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5c7f426f
Community Member

hello luiggiR
I AM STILL YET TO HEAR FROM ANY OF YOUR AGENT 

CAN YOU TELL ME WHATS GOING ON PLS ?

Salako, support requests are responded to in the order they are received. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2a3a9519
Community Member

How can I get the Rising Talent badge
neetish
Community Member

Please review my profile and provide feedback on how to get the Rising talent badge.

Hi Neetish,

I see that you have achieved a Job Success Success Score already on your Upwork profile. Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

- Pradeep

Upwork
22a1f2eb
Community Member

Hello UpWork Community,

I am relatively new on UpWork but it's going quite well. Registered just over a month ago, had 5 jobs already and meanwhile even a JSS, which is currently at 100%. I would actually even fulfill the requirements for Top Rated and yet I don't even have a Rising Talent Badge yet.
I know that UpWork invites freelancers to receive the badge and there's nothing one can do but as I haven't gotten it so far it seems a bit like a scam and I don't know what's wrong honestly.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Rico,

I'm happy to see things are going well for you! I want to clarify that the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Regarding the Top Rated badge, you'll earn it once you meet the criteria listed on this page.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
bbdebb52
Community Member

I have written a reply to Luiggi, asking for his thoughts about the updated badge system of Upwork, but I can't see my reply. I'm not sure if it was deleted by one of the moderators.  

I was just stating that Upwork is no longer showing the 1k earnings requirement for top-rated, and the recent request to submit a proposal in the last 90 days has also been removed. So, I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this. 

8626d333
Community Member

Hey everyone! I'm new to Upwork and eager to build my profile. I noticed the Rising Talent Badge and want to know the best way to achieve it as a newbie.

up

Hi Hossain,

I can sense and admire the positivity in getting the Rising Talent badge. Please know that the badge will automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
neetish
Community Member

Hi Neetish,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b72d4118
Community Member

I'm relatively new to UpWork - I started in December last year and have earned just over $6k on the platform. So far so good... I think I'm now eligible for the rising talent badge (I've met all the requirements) but know it's invitation only.

Are there things I can do to make my profile more attractive and how can I increase my odds of being invited to rising talent?

Bit of background about me - I have been a Web Developer for over 17 years, have run an agency for the past 8 years) and have only just discovered UpWork as a way of reaching new potential customers... fairly good experience so far (except for one client not paying their bill and not having the UpWork screen recording tool).

Hey Brent! From what I know, they give the rising star badge for a complete and exceptional profile meaning your profile is 100 percent complete and your portfolio is exceptional.

I have the Rising Star Badge but I have not been able to get any jobs on Upwork yet. Would you mind referring me or working with me for jobs? I'm a UIUX Designer. I can add you to my network if you don't mind.

Please write four compelling paragraphs for the Summary (no bullet points) and add a Project Catalog.

95c30f63
Community Member

Hello there, how to get rising talent badge? can i have it even if i dont have client yet?  and also regarding my identity verification, when can i have it or when are you going to email it? thank you

Hi Lisette,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

Regarding your verification, It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 
~ Luiggi
Upwork
54e84c27
Community Member

Hello ,

Despite fulfilling all the necessary criteria, I am still unable to attain the "Rising Talent Badge." Could someone kindly provide guidance on how to obtain it?

Screenshot_2.png

b0387eed
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team, I am here with a problem with my profile.

I have completed all the requirements of rising talent, but still I am not able to receive the badge from upwork.

I am also attaching the screenshot where it seems that all the requirements is done.

Please check my profile and give me rising talent badge as soon as possible.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-03-19 133653.png

4603e9d4
Community Member

Hi - Though I have met the conditions for Rising Talent Badge. It doesnt display in my profile.

Please help!!!!

Hi Anil,

The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. If you're invited, the badge will be added to your profile automatically. You can also check the criteria listed here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mxbh
Community Member

I have seen that only badged freelancers can offer consultations. Its been almost a week or I am able to create consultations but got no badge. Is there by any change I have got the badge and it takes time to show in the profile.?

Check attachment for the consultation qualifications.

Hi Misbah,

You can check this page for more information on how you can earn a Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify it should be added to your profile automatically. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kemoyrichez1
Community Member

To the Upwork Team, this is to express my sincere interest in obtaining the Rising Talent Badge on Upwork.

Having diligently followed the guidelines and requirements outlined by Upwork, I believe I have met all the necessary criteria to be considered for this badge.

Throughout my time on the platform, I have consistently sent proposals, purchased a lot of connects, maintained professionalism in all interactions, and upheld the standards of excellence that Upwork values. Earning the Rising Talent Badge would not only serve as a recognition of my dedication and proficiency but also enhance my credibility and visibility on the platform.

Kemoy

samsul007
Community Member

I can see  that rising talent badge requirements are achieved but I can't see it in my profile.
My-stats-Upwork (1).png

and also I can see the rising talent is also disabled like this.
My-stats-Upwork (2).png 

what is the reason for that and how do I know when I got the rising star badge?

Md.Samsul Ehasan

Hi Mohammad,

Click on the "Earn Rising Talent" and you can see there criteria for Rising Talent. When you complete all criteria you will get your Rising Talent badge :fire:

Thank you 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
waqarkabir10
Community Member

How old a freelancer profile be old for getting a Rising Talent Badge?

Hi Waqar,

You can check this page for more information on how you can earn a Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, it should be added to your profile automatically. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4432468b
Community Member

I haven't received the Rising Talent badge yet, though my certificate of earnings says I have been active on Upwork since May 24, 2023. I have completed two jobs and a third job is ongoing. One client gave me 5 ratings and another gave me 4.83.  Based on this article of Upwork: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent 

Which shows the eligibility for the Rising Talent badge, I believe all of these conditions are fulfilled for my profile. Please review my profile in this regard:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019ebf9b4092d89aca

Kindly assign me that badge, as I think I am eligible, or if not then please guide me in this case.

Regards.

Hi Huzaifa,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.
~ Joanne
Upwork
e47f0013
Community Member

I had a Rising Talent badge, but now it's disappeared.

Requirements
- 100% complete profile
- No account holds in the last 90 days
 The above requirements were satisfied.
Could you please tell me why it disappeared?

Hi Andre,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.
~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm facing the same situation.

25ecaa79
Community Member

Greetings.

I have all the qualifications necessary for the rising talent badge, but I cannot claim it.

May I know why?

Best,

Mohammad.

Hi Mohamad,

The Rising Talent badge may not be added, even if you meet all the qualifications. This badge is invite-only based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors including your work category. We’ll add it to your profile if you’re selected and no action is required from you.

- Pradeep

Upwork
f3159389
Community Member

Hey, i have completed 2 jobs and 3 in progress but still i didnt get any badge?

Hi Alina. There are four ways to respond to your post:

1 "sympathetic"  goes like this: - "i feel your hurt but unfortunately UW only shows your JSS after 5 published reviews. This means that you need to have  5 stelar reviews to have your JSS upgraded from Raising talent to top rated. Hold on and keep on the good work".

2 "professional" - " Hi Alina but you need to have  5 stelar reviews to have your JSS upgraded from Raising talent to top rated. Hold on and keep on the good work"

3 "Ass-hole" - "Have you read the guidelines?? Don't you know that you need 5 stellar reviews to get an upgrade? Go back to the guidlines and stop beeing a crying baby".

4  "realistic" -  "you have one review with a 5 stellar review. You are on a great track, just keep on going because it's freelancers like you that UW needs. Please keep in mind that there are lots of freelancers here with years of proven portofolios and still don't get the jobs... Don't give up!!"

Pick one of the above... personally i'll go for the 4: we all have been there.... Quality of work isn't proven with one or two jobs, it's all about consistency! Go for that one.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members