🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1ef2f1f6
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

How i know that i am eligible for rising talent badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Marc,

The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. This means that even if you meet the qualifications for earning one, it will not be automatically added to your profile. Some factors are considered based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors, including your work category. The badge will be added to your profile if you're selected and no action is required from you.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

722 REPLIES 722
tariqhassan99
Community Member

I have a question for the community, and I would appreciate any help in clearing up my confusion.

I don't understand the criteria or the skills required to obtain badges on Upwork, such as Rising Talent or XYZ. I have come across profiles with only one project valued at $20, yet they have a badge (Rising Talent) displayed. On the other hand, I have completed five projects with good feedback (one project is still in progress), but I haven't received any badges apart from the 86% Job Success Score (JSS).

Furthermore, after my JSS became visible on my profile, I noticed a significant decrease in responses. Before that, I used to receive good responses regularly.

I am puzzled by this behavior and would appreciate any insights or clarification you can provide.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for reaching out. Many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. Even professionals who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent if they have skills that are in demand.

~ AJ
Upwork
saif_iqbalkhan
Community Member

Hello upwork community,

Hope everyone is fine and doing well, I have been regular on upwork for more then 3 months now. I have made my way and earned three 5 star feedbacks on my profile also . In total I have earned 2k+ dollar, took care of 4 total Jobs and 181 hours. Recently I compared my profile with someone else's who earned a rising talent badge, she had earned 1k+dollar, did 1 job in total and worked for 211 hours. So if we compare my profile has better stats then hers the only place that I am lacking is the number of hours worked on upwork. Please can someone help me out and let me know why I did not receive my rising talent badge till now. 

Here is a simplified comparision in pointers

Me - 2k+$, 4Jobs, 181Hours

Her - 1k+&, 1Job, 211Hours

saif_iqbalkhan_2-1689833468687.png

My profile dashboard

saif_iqbalkhan_1-1689833411294.png

Her profile dashboard

saif_iqbalkhan_3-1689833510369.png

My profile Feedbacks

saif_iqbalkhan_4-1689833541694.png

her profile feedbacks

Please let me know if you have any answers.. 1 more thing is there that I made my profile 2 years ago and started being regularly active on it from the last 4 months. I do not know about her though..

Thanks and Regards

Saif Iqbal Khna 

Hi Saif,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge yet. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8b4f8ca7
Community Member

Hi,

I had a rising talent badge but now its disappeared. I am sure I  that when  my last client closed one of the contract by 5 stars rating without any text feedback after that it disappeared, I want to is it a reason for that or something else? 
Can any one please explain why its disappeared? My profile is same as before.

I cannot see JSS either as a replacment to rising talent badge?

Sharif Hussain

3linap
Community Member

Hi Sharif,

3linap_1-1690639970715.png

According to this you should get a JSS now that the Rising Talent badge is gone. I assume it's gone because you are not that 'new' anymore and already have more jobs&feedback than required. On the other hand you might not be ready for a JSS calculated yet 💁‍

JSS is updated every 2 weeks. My suggestion is to wait for a couple of weeks and check again (every Sunday). If again you don't get any JSS you may contact the Support Team. 

Visit this link for more info: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049702614#table

Best,

Elina.

8b4f8ca7
Community Member

Hi Elina,

Thank you for the clarification about the Rising Talent badge and the JSS (Job Success Score). I understand that the Rising Talent badge is no longer applicable to me may be due to my experience on the platform.

I will wait for the next JSS update in a couple of weeks and check if I have received one by then. If not, I'll follow your suggestion and reach out to the Support Team for further assistance.

ONE REQUEST: Can you go through to my upwork account either I am eligible for JSS or not I will be thankful to you?
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/sharifh10

Thanks again for the information and the link.

Best regards,
Sharif

3linap
Community Member

Hi Sharif,

I'm glad my reply helped. Regarding your profile I couldn't know even I had a look, if you're eligible for JSS. There are a few factors calculated by a program to reach to a result.. and these factors aren't all obvious or shown to a profile.

Sorry about that... I hope you receive a JSS soon!

Elina.

8b4f8ca7
Community Member

Hello Elina,

Thank you for getting back to me. I understand that you couldn't determine my eligibility for JSS (Job Success Score) even after looking at my profile. No worries, I completely understand that the factors used to calculate the JSS are not always apparent or visible to profiles.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to help, and I hope that I will receive a JSS soon as well. If you have any other insights or suggestions on how I can improve my profile or increase my chances of getting a JSS, I would be more than happy to hear them.

By the way, is it possible to lose the Rising Talent badge from our account without getting a JSS?

Thanks again for your support!

Best regards,
Sharif

3linap
Community Member

Υou're welcome Sharif.

You will definitely get a JSS at some point, hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

To achieve a high JSS I believe you should stay active towards Upwork (applying for jobs, replying to interviews etc) and professional towards clients (starting contracts, delivering on time, getting positive feedbacks etc).

There is a very good post full of advice and suggestions.

Check out this link and scroll down to find Debora's post 

3linap_0-1690819513821.png

Wish the best 👍👍

Elina

3a99946c
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have just completed a 1000$ job for one client. And the next 1000$ job is in progress for the same client.

My question is I am eligible for a Rising Talent badge?

Hi Furqan,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d0576f17
Community Member

Hey Upwork Pros!

I'm a WordPress developer, and I have completed three projects with outstanding 5-star reviews and excellent feedback; I have also purchased Upwork premium.

My account is two years old but I started working on this platform from now on. I want to ask how I can get a Rising Talent badge. If my account is old, can I still have a rising talent badge, or is there any problem?

Review my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/mubasherjam

Thank you

Hi Mubasher,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
d0903988
Community Member

I completed 5 jobs on Upwork but did not get any Rising Talent badge. Kindly check my profile and let me know:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c40339962b2ea14c

I haven't done any job but I have it. It's not about completed jobs.

Hi Raja,

I can see that you already have a Job Success Score, which means that you won't be able to obtain the Rising Talent badge. You can now work your way towards obtaining the Top Rated badge. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ed057eb0
Community Member

Hello, 

So i joined Upwork on April and since then i have 4 ongoing fixed clients. In between I completed 4 jobs as well with good reviews. My earnings are more then $2k+. So I was wondering when how can I get rising talen or top rated. 

It looks like you've only completed three jobs that have feedback, and two of them were for small amounts, so I don't think that's enough to calculate your JSS yet (and you need a JSS score in order to get a top rated badge). It looks to me like you should have a Rising Talent badge, unfortunately it seems to be very random and unfair as to how Upwork awards these, and they won't tell you why you're not qualified. All you can do is keep up the good work and complete a few more contracts with feedback; or, if you've got a really good relationship with one or more of your ongoing clients, perhaps they wouldn't mind if you ask them to close the contract and start a new one. 

Hey !! Thank you so much for the reply. I guess I will just continue whatever I am doing and try to achieve the goal of securing more jobs. ☺️☺️

8a074783
Community Member

I want help to figure out why I am not getting the Rising Talent badge. I have done 15 jobs and have earned 2k plus. I think from my side, I am fulfilling all the criteria to get the Rising Talent badge. Then why am I not getting it?"

Not everyone gets a Rising Talent Badge. You have a Job Success Score now. The next badge you can reach is Top Rated.

Here is the help article on Talent Badges

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049702614-Upwork-s-Talent-Badges

Thank you Sophie

almostanangel
Community Member

I got it by surprise, I lost it by surprise. Any explanation(s), please?

We want to let you know that you no longer qualify as a Rising Talent freelancer on Upwork. We care about your progress and want to support you in growing your business on the work marketplace. Here’s what you need to get back to Rising Talent status:

Consistent strong feedback from your clients.  POSITIVE FEEDBACKS (all 5 stars)
Submit tailored and optimized proposals            I ONLY PAUSES FOR 1 DAY!
100% complete profile                                              it is!
Up-to-date availability status                                 IT IS, AND I SPEND MONEY FOR IT!
No recent account holds                                         NOT SUCH A THING!

You aren't a rising talent anymore, you are a well established talent.

It's because you got a Job Success Score which is better and you have 100%. 

Really? In the email I received they didn't mention it. If true - super! Thank You!

cd688832
Community Member

I want to get Risisng Talent Badge.

Hi Muhammad,

- Pradeep
Upwork
63cd167b
Community Member

Someone can help me basically i want to know how to get rising talent badge as i has been working on Upwork from 2020.
Jss is 90%.Completed jobs and get all 5 star ratings.

Please tell me how i can get rising talent badge.

Pretty easily googled, my friend:

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

But upwork says when JSS alloted rising talent badge disappears and i have 90% Jss so its mean i cant get rising talent badge now?

But question is if my badge disapears due to jss then how it is possible to disapear one thing which is not geting before

Only newbies able to be talent. You already have JSS, no more newbie.

Dont worry, i also missed this stage. Keep working for top-rated.

you will not get the rising talent badge because you have jss, Now, you will get the top-rated badge directly so keep working and please on your availability badge 

Thank you very much Brother

jiban92
Community Member

Hello, I am complete 2 work, But till now not show any badge, Any Expert can suggest me after seeing my profile.. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/jiban

Advance Thanks a lot

Hi Jiban,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jiban92
Community Member

can you tel me after seeing my profile, when i will eligible?

6a5483ad
Community Member

I have completed my first job on Upwork. When will Rising Talent Badge shows on my profile?

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank You Annie Jane for useful information.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members