🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent badge
Page options
irina_rys
Community Member

Rising Talent badge

51Why I directly get Job Success Score instead of getting Rising Talent Badge?

Hi. I finished my 6th job from 4 different clients with 5 of the jobs are 5 stars and 1 job is without feedback. 

After that, my job success score is calculated as 82%

I have 2 questions regarding this:

1. Why my JSS is 88% even though I finish every job on time, reply clients on time?

2. Why I directly get a job success score instead of getting rising talent badge? I read that I could get 30 free conects for rising talent badge.

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Iryna,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that not all users receive the Rising Talent badge. Many freelancers don't qualify for it before they complete enough jobs to get JSS. 

Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Iryna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. 

Additionally, there are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. You can find more information in this help article

I would like to clarify that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

~ Nikola
Upwork

But I didn't have a Risin talent badge before JSS. So I didin't recive 30 connects for the badge. And it's a pressing matter for me. I'm Ukrainian freelancer and can't spend extar money on connects, when it's not nessesary.
It would be great if you could compencate it to me.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Iryna,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that not all users receive the Rising Talent badge. Many freelancers don't qualify for it before they complete enough jobs to get JSS. 

Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you. It's sad that because of the algorithm I'm forced to spend money, but what to do.

34260dce
Community Member

Hi Nikola , I did everything requested for the rising talent, but no invitation has yet been received. I've opened a ticket before, but I am so sad because I don't know when I get this badge 😞

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members