๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป SCAM USERS LIST ๐Ÿ’€
Page options
fiorentini85
Community Member

SCAM USERS LIST ๐Ÿ’€

Hi to everybody
I want to create a list of scam profiles, this will help as many workers as possible inside upwork

This is my first one, you can find it in the attachment!

Be careful outside!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
elisa_b
Community Member

Instead of trying to write a comprehensive list of scammer names (which is impossible, since 1) scammers are countless; 2) they can make up all the fake names they want; and 3) Upwork will delete those names anyway) wouldn't it be better to learn how to detect scammers in the first place?

Like in the old proverb - giving a fish to a man will feed him for one day, while teaching him to fish will feed him for a lifetime. 

A good starting point: Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
spectralua
Community Member

It is useless. Scammers registering 100s accounts hourly. Names and other info is random. You need to filling this list 24\7 with no sleep and no rest. ๐Ÿ™‚

Could not agree more.

Can be useless, but if nobody start from nothing this will continue, so I wanna do my part.

All start from the nothing in my opinin, you are free to help or not, nobody obbligate nobody ๐Ÿ˜‰

Freelancers should start by following Upwork's Terms of Service and stop attracting the scammers by participating, interacting with them outside Upwork, sending them money, cashing their checks and sending their personal details to receive payment and then ask for help because they think something is off. 

5071c46a
Community Member

Sir I need a job 

You can help us in this way for now, is a job too ๐Ÿ˜Š

elisa_b
Community Member

Instead of trying to write a comprehensive list of scammer names (which is impossible, since 1) scammers are countless; 2) they can make up all the fake names they want; and 3) Upwork will delete those names anyway) wouldn't it be better to learn how to detect scammers in the first place?

Like in the old proverb - giving a fish to a man will feed him for one day, while teaching him to fish will feed him for a lifetime. 

A good starting point: Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

My idea was create an allert that Upwork consider seriously, because until now I was looking and many scammer created problem with freelancer.

I appreciate your spirit. I really do. Once I was like you.

But the sad truth is that Upwork perfectly knows those scammers.

• Some of them have been reported on this forum so many times that I know their names myself.
  • Some "job" descriptions have been the same for countless months and nobody stopped them from being posted over and over again.
  • The modus operandi of some scammers is so evident that even my 10-year-old nephew could detect them.
  • Sometimes phone numbers and Telegram links of scammers are published in plain sight.

Upwork has never enforced a single, effective strategy to prevent scams. They seem to only remove postings after they are flagged. Therefore, the only thing we (freelancers) can do is protect ourselves through knowledge, because most certainly Upwork will not. 

Sorry Upwork, but you cannot repeat that scammers are constantly changing their strategies when lots of them, as a matter of fact, mostly use the same old tricks. I am so disillusioned.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members