🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scamm notice
Page options
016394b6
Community Member

Scamm notice

1st time I received my Job here, I don't dare to judge but I think it was a scam after I encoding a 75 pages story on word documents, and send it to the employer, They requested me a link fee of 100$ for able to send their payment to me, It was a lesson to me thank you for that learnings!! 

Job offer scam 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reaching out. Please be reminded that real clients will not ask for payments from freelancers. This is against ToS.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reaching out. Please be reminded that real clients will not ask for payments from freelancers. This is against ToS.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members