🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammed by a freelancer?? **Edited for Commun...
Page options
c45aa4ac
Community Member

Scammed by a freelancer?? **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Like half a year ago I hired a freelancer **Edited for Community Guidelines** to work on my amazon wholesale project. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Bought him his own email on my domain, gave him all the tools and he had to find 5-6 suppliers in German market where we could place an order and re-sell on the amazon platform.

Gave him a lot of time to do so, after loging in after 2 months, because he asked for more time I noticed that the email is empty, no one used it. After that I had to move out and didn't check my account, so that scammer just asked for the money from up work and said to upwork the work is done. Without even providing any files anything. Upwork released the money without even seeing if the work is done..

So the moral of the story is always watch over freelancers' shoulder because there are a lot of people that want to get the money for nothing, they will do that if they get a chance.

And the billion-dollar public company can't even refund for scammed customers and I can't even write feedback on the freelancer's profile and warn other people that I got scammed.. This is how billion-dollar company works..**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
navidzafar
Community Member

Did you report the issue to Upwork?

masud669
Community Member

Hello Zanas,
Upwork did not allowed this type of activists. Maybe the freelancer submit work for payment and you did not log in the long time. So, the payment has been automatically released. It was your responsibility. You should received a email from upwork, when the fund automatically released to freelancer account. You've chance to get refund if the freelancer nothing do for you.

Anyway, I hope an Moderator will help you to solved the issues.
NikolaS

Hi Zanas,

I am sorry to hear about this. I shared your report with our team for further review. I also checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Zanas, it looks like Upwork has acted in accordance with established policies. If you want to continue us to use Upwork to achieve your goals, feel free to ask questions here in the Forum if you have any.

Automatic release of payment is a very basic concept that Upwork clients should understand. It sounds like you have already learned a lot about the platform, from your experience.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members