🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Search engine, again!
Page options
3730d3f4
Community Member

Search engine, again!

Hi everyone ^_^ 

I was here talking about the same topic 5 months ago, I remember someone told me that all freelancers have the same chance to be shown to clients, that sounded logical to me

I wasn't getting any invitations as my profile was a new one with only a rising talent badge, but now I'm top-rated, Upwork certified, 100% job success and all my reviews are 5 stars, and still no real invitations
my profile rarely gets views, maybe weeks with 0 views 

and well, I have no idea why this happens or how I can get my profile shown to clients 

any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

I think the information you received five months ago and your concerns about invitations has come full circle. A lot of freelancers—even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus, and those with 100% JSS—are subjected to Upwork’s search and matching algorithms.

Profiles are not stationary in search results; profiles are moved up and down search results to allow everyone a chance to be seen by clients. Also, hundreds (if not thousands) of freelancers are joining and leaving the marketplace every day, so search results fluctuate. It could be that fewer clients are seeing your profile at random intervals, which means fewer invites.

In other words, being Top-Rated does not necessarily mean your profile will be shown prominently in search results every day, every week, or every month. Freelancers cannot control this; the only thing we can control is the quality of our profiles so that when a client does see the profile in search results, they are interested in seeing more of it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members