🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sending cover letter in first 5-10 minutes do...
Page options
cf59fa71
Community Member

Sending cover letter in first 5-10 minutes does not give any advantage?

Hello everyone! 

I recently heard that sending a cover letter in the first 5-10 minutes after the job is published does not really give any advantage or extra chance of appearing at the top of the candidates list. Is this true?

Thank you in advance for your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vasilii M wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I recently heard that sending a cover letter in the first 5-10 minutes after the job is published does not really give any advantage or extra chance of appearing at the top of the candidates list. Is this true?

True. Currently, upwork ranks incoming proposals by most relevant, whatever that might be, no idea how they determine that. It would only be important if most clients hired within 10 minutes, but that is not the case. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vasilii M wrote:

Hello everyone! 

True. Currently, upwork ranks incoming proposals by most relevant, whatever that might be, no idea how they determine that. It would only be important if most clients hired within 10 minutes, but that is not the case. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Vasilii M wrote:

Hello everyone! 

As Martina said, it does not impact rankings. However, there can be a benefit because the client may still be online at the time and may see it and engage with you sooner. Definitely I think I have won some clients because I happened to respond right away and it  was just good timing. So, I wouldn't fret about being first, but I would also say that applying promptly is beneficial. 

e825750a
Community Member

Hi,

There is one advantage I would like to mention. In fact, sometimes clients want to hire quickly and sometimes they hire the applicant and I think it's sometimes important to apply quickly.

thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members